finally passed nclex after 4th time

3/17/2017 2:38:59 PM
Hi all! So I wanted to let everyone in on my NCLEX story. I graduated in May 2016. I was super excited to start my career so I gave myself a 2 week break and started studying. The first time I was studying I felt blind sided but also prepared at the same time because I didn't really know what I was getting into. I had about 4 different books I was looking at, many many notecards, and looked at about 100 questions on uworld. I studied the night and the day of the test. Come to find out after I took the exam I would fail. So I told myself I had to try again. This time I focused on Kaplan and my notecards, again FAIL. I was devastated I didn't think I could go back. But with the help of my family and friends I pushed through and tried again. The third time I read a book front to back, took notes, and told myself that I knew all the information I could. when I got my results in the mail I realized that I was right there! on the border. but I still failed. I cried, cried, cried till I had no more tears. I was vey upset with myself and for letting everyone down who believed in me.

and then finally I had a fire in me. I changed my work schedule and said that I am going to conquer this test. At the beginning of Feb. 2017 I buckled down. I studied for five weeks straight. only took 2 or 3 nights out of this entire time to have a night out on the town with my friends. I did UWORLD! THE ENTIRE QUESTION BANK with a friend. The week before the test we stopped studying with each other and finished up on our own. I re-did about 800 questions in that week. I read every rationale, EVEN IF I KNEW IT. I promised myself this would be it. I studied the night before and the day of. after 76 questions the screen shut off. I also read my Kaplan study guide I had made the first time because it had many key points. I panicked, started sweating, crying and almost peed my pants. I have never felt like I did after I finished this test. it was so easy. everything was second nature. nothing surprised me. I finally felt prepared, and I HAVE UWORLD TO THANK FOR THAT! for the next 48 hours later I panicked. I cried. and then I found out I passed. it was such a relief. and am now a registered pediatric nurse.

so my advice is don't ever give up, even if people are telling you you are not going to be a good nurse. this test is hard, but you have to believe in yourself and in the material you know. try, and try again, until you succeed!

3/17/2017 9:26:49 PM
What random questions did they throw at you? I'm taking my NCLEX-RN in 2 weeks.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK