U World Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3/19/2017 2:19:31 PM
Hello Future RN's

I found out on Friday that I finally passed.......87 questions....and I want to give God all the glory, it was hard, painful at times but worth it. I failed last August and was devastated. I had a pity part for about a week, then started studying again, seriously, if I can pass, so can you, please see my top tips below:

o Work out a study pattern/plan that works for you, it sounds obvious but work on your worst subject first, once you are able to answer a question that you couldn't before it really boosts your confidence, for me it was drug calculations.

o Read the flaming rationals! and don't focus on your scores, especially in the beginning. The rational can cover 3 topics in one. Even if you got the question right, you will pick up something to help with a future question.

o Make notes of the stuff you don't understand, and just read it over and over, it will start to sink in.

o Struggling with meds, start with the main meds groups which have the same ending ie statins, what conditions do they treat, common side effects, then gradually add others meds you come across.

o U world really helped me know how to answer the questions, what the question was really asking, and to figure out the clues in the questions. The lay out is the same as the real exam, which helps with test anxiety.

o I didn't tell anyone outside my husband and kids I was testing, less pressure.

o Picture your self passing, stay calm, stay positive, and pray pray pray.

Reading the success stories of other RN's really helped me, so hopefully this will help someone else too. I am foreign educated, work full time, married with 3 kids, believe me all things are possible through Christ who strengthens you.

Good luck x

3/20/2017 9:16:01 AM
God is good! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experienced it helps a lot to us who's next in line to take the exam. Mind is on April 20,i'll take your advice. thanks again and congrats!

3/20/2017 2:08:21 PM
Congrats and thank you so much for sharing. I will be testing in 3wks and I do not really feel ready but I continue to answer 100 questions everyday. I believe I will come and share on this forum my success story that I passed.

3/20/2017 5:28:38 PM
Congratulations! could you please share what was the key study materials, or just uworld, for being a foreign educated nurse?
Thank you kindly!

3/20/2017 7:12:59 PM
I used the Saunders text book before U world. I found a bit to detailed wordy, but needed as I had graduated so long a go. I then used U world exclusively, and registered nurse RN clips on you tube which was helpful for mnemonics /ways of memorising concepts.

3/21/2017 11:47:33 AM
Thank you so much! God bless you in your career!

3/21/2017 8:44:08 PM
Thank you! You too x

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK