Passed on 3rd try just using UWORLD!

4/6/2017 9:49:54 PM
First of all to everyone who is saddened about not passing your nclex RN, let that sadness go away because uworld saves the day! I had previously taken the nclex RN twice. The first time I took it, I studied via learning extensions, got 75 questions, failed. The second time, I took Kaplan, got 265 questions, failed. This last time, I heard about uworld from one of my girlfriends and my sister in law. They highly recommended it. I was hesitant at first to purchase it but I thought to myself, what do I have to lose. I purchased uworld mid march. I started immediately doing questions every single day in tutor mode, I did at least 150 questions everyday till April 2. A first i was scoring in the 50% and it increased to 60-70%. My assesments gave me a 60%, but a very high chance at passing the boards. But that number didn't make me feel comfortable and I was going to reschedule my test. My husband advised me not to change the date and just do it. Took my test on the 4th, got 180 questions.I got a whole lot of sata and priority questions and the computer just shut off. This time around, I didn't feel distraut after the test and I wasn't sad like how I felt the previous times I took the test, it was just different. I refused to do the pvt risking a dissapointed feeling, so I waited. secretly, my husband had been checking the brn website kuz he too saw that I left the testing center different, he said i looked calm. come 3am, he wakes me up and screams "you passed!" I didn't believe him so I checked the website myself and sure enough, by the grace of God, many prayers and uworld, this girl is finally a RN!!!
Don't loose hope, just answer as many questions as you can. The format of the questions are very similar, like fraternal twins! Make sure to also go back and answer the questions that you got wrong, those will be in the 'incorrect' section. Most importantly, read every single word in the questions and the answers!!! We all went thru nursing school and we all have the information stored in our heads, uworld brings it out.
Goodluck to you all!

4/7/2017 10:45:03 AM
thank you for info. congrats RN

4/8/2017 9:21:42 AM
That's fantastic! Congrats!!!! I too am a repeat test taker x4. I gave up for a period of time (due to self doubt) and then I recently found NRSNG and Picmonics which in turn guided me to UWorld. I aim to slay this beast by September. Right now I need serious content review, as I have been out of the game for quite awhile. So I am trying to marry all my content with UWorld questions. Any recommendations on how to review content after graduating school a decade ago? Thanks and again congrats RN!!!!

4/10/2017 3:40:10 AM
Honestly, all I did was Uworld! I didn't want to exhaust myself with too many different study guides. So with Uworld, I made sure to read every single word, that was one of my problems because I would read the questions and the answers rather fast. I had to train myself to read every word. Also read the rationals of the right answer, especially the rationals to the wrong answers as to why they are not the right answer, I think that is what did it for me. It makes me understand answering questions differently. I also recommend to redo all the questions that you may have gotten wrong, that will help you retain the information. I had graduated in 2014, so it also has been a while since I was in nursing school. Make sure to do questions everyday, don't let a day go by without studying so that your mind will get used to answering questions. You'll pass this next time!!! Good luck!

4/12/2017 12:41:41 AM
Very very inspiring story. Thank you =)

4/24/2017 9:23:28 PM
ftht892369 wrote:
Honestly, all I did was Uworld! I didn't want to exhaust myself with too many different study guides. So with Uworld, I made sure to read every single word, that was one of my problems because I would read the questions and the answers rather fast. I had to train myself to read every word. Also read the rationals of the right answer, especially the rationals to the wrong answers as to why they are not the right answer, I think that is what did it for me. It makes me understand answering questions differently. I also recommend to redo all the questions that you may have gotten wrong, that will help you retain the information. I had graduated in 2014, so it also has been a while since I was in nursing school. Make sure to do questions everyday, don't let a day go by without studying so that your mind will get used to answering questions. You'll pass this next time!!! Good luck!

Hi! i AM AT THE SAME SITUATION like you!!! like really, but im not yet married.
Taking mine in 3weeks, im just scared because i just started focusing now, such a crammer and decided to reschedule but my dad said go for it.
you think i could still make it? huhu

4/25/2017 11:55:28 AM
go for it girl...it you feel you're ready then do it. mine ill take probably mid may I just want to finish all the question bank. this gonna be my 3rd time and I hope I pass coz I don't want to take the remedial course here in florida......in God's will.

4/25/2017 12:26:57 PM
Good luck and stay strong Florida Nclex taker just 3 times here 😨, I want to try in June in Fl too so please write your experience after.
You will pass this time for sure!!!

4/25/2017 1:14:26 PM
dttz610726 wrote:
go for it girl...it you feel you're ready then do it. mine ill take probably mid may I just want to finish all the question bank. this gonna be my 3rd time and I hope I pass coz I don't want to take the remedial course here in florida......in God's will.

thank you i will try to finish them all with my time left, third times a charm! lets prove that,
lets do our best and God will provide

4/25/2017 5:10:04 PM
I know right...my husband been telling me that 3rd time is a charm. I hope its true... It really put me in pressure this time coz i don't want to take the remedial course and it might going to be hard and take forever. so, Im taking my time now, Im doing my best to study all day, answering as much as I can like 100 or 150 question a day, reading all the rationales and understanding (which takes sometime to understand lol), then whenever my eyes feels tired rest a lil bit doing some stuff in the house then back to answering again. Good luck to us. I will keep you guys update whatever happens.

4/26/2017 7:39:29 AM
dttz610726 wrote:
I know right...my husband been telling me that 3rd time is a charm. I hope its true... It really put me in pressure this time coz i don't want to take the remedial course and it might going to be hard and take forever. so, Im taking my time now, Im doing my best to study all day, answering as much as I can like 100 or 150 question a day, reading all the rationales and understanding (which takes sometime to understand lol), then whenever my eyes feels tired rest a lil bit doing some stuff in the house then back to answering again. Good luck to us. I will keep you guys update whatever happens.

lucky for you, I have to work and study and its so stresfull. but i have no choice.
sure do God bless us

4/26/2017 8:04:28 AM
dttz610726 wrote:
you Wil definitely pass the 3rd time I'm also in Florida so I totally understand the pressure your under......I finished the QB with a 61% 1st assessment 61% 222nd assessment 50% but what I did do different was took my time & understood the rationales hopefully it all pays off.

4/28/2017 11:38:17 AM
Good luck to us. lets us pray and more study. focus and read the rationales.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK