Felt like I failed miserably but passed at 75Q!!!!

4/17/2017 12:50:09 PM
Hey everyone I wanted to give you a heads up and help you walk through how you're going to feel on your test day! I graduated 7 years ago and was able to pass at 75 questions!!

So leading up to the test day I was SO NERVOUS! Test day finally came and let me tell you I left that building thinking oh my god what the hell was that, there is no way I passed! I was so on the fence, I didn't know what the think. I felt like I guessed half of my questions and some of the topics were odd, including a lot about nursing conferences and questions that wanted you to know correct dosages and routes (I hadn't brushed up much on that). I worked so hard and I knew I was more than prepared. I felt like I didn't get tested on much of anything. I had a few questions on SLE, Parkinsons, and meningitis, and only a couple on contact precautions. I knew that I had gotten my last question wrong too and I was so disappointed!!! But I had to remind myself that these tests are designed to push you to your highest level of competency, its a GOOD THING to see questions that are challenging that means that you are answering half of them right and half of them wrong. Also keep in mind that 15 of those questions are experimental and don't count against you. I felt like I had about 6 SATA, 0 dosage calculation, 0 diagram, 0 cardiac, 0 maternity, 4 drag and drop, 2 delegation. Mostly multiple choice. Computer shut off at 75 and I was shocked!!! I went home and checked the PV trick. For 24 hrs I got the popup that said my results were still on hold. The next afternoon it changed to the good popup and I was ecstatic!! and then the 48 hr quick results revealed that I had indeed passed! Remember everyone you can do anything you put your mind to!! and "Happiness is on the the other side of fear!" Get out there and own that NCLEX!! Good Luck!!
edited by on 4/17/2017

4/17/2017 5:03:02 PM
Wow. Congratulations! Praise the Lord! Such a happy time to start your career.
What would you advice for study material? How helpful was uworld for this preparation for this test?

4/18/2017 1:38:21 AM
Wuaw congratulations!! I love to hear good testimonies. I will take the Nclex in May. I am wondering how you di din the assessment and in the uworld q bank. My q bank average is in the mid 50s. Thanks

4/18/2017 8:42:56 AM
Hi guys! I actually wrote out a separate forum explaining my study material and strategies. It's just a couple threads below titled "I graduated 7 years ago and passed in 75Q!"

Good luck and stay positive!!!

4/18/2017 8:50:27 AM
gewx756598 wrote:
Wow. Congratulations! Praise the Lord! Such a happy time to start your career.
What would you advice for study material? How helpful was uworld for this preparation for this test?

LaCharity (prioritization/delegation)
Kaplan ( only for test taking strategy)
Uworld all the way!!! With thorough note taking)
RegisterednurseRN.com (insightful videos)
Lots of cumulative note sheets
Flash cards for lab values

Keep your positive support group close and distance yourself from negativity! It will help you stay focused and keep your good vibes flowing!!
Surround yourself with motivational quotes and reassurance. I changed my screen saver to "happiness is on the other side of fear" throughout my studies and days leading up to the NCLEX I changed it to "You are going to pass" it was nice reading that every so often!!

Also during my NCLEX exam I wrote on my dry erase board "you will pass this exam" and I had that to reference when I was feeling anxious, it helped!!!
Good luck and persevere!

4/18/2017 8:52:11 AM
vwot948227 wrote:
Wuaw congratulations!! I love to hear good testimonies. I will take the Nclex in May. I am wondering how you di din the assessment and in the uworld q bank. My q bank average is in the mid 50s. Thanks

4/18/2017 8:57:09 AM
vwot948227 wrote:

Yes I have a separate post explaining my Uworld scores but overall I was scoring between 54 and 64% on q bank and assessment 1: 74th percentile
assessment 2: 78th percentile.

Uworld implies that if you are averaging 60% on qbanks you are 90% likely to pass NCLEX on first try!! I also spent a lot of time researching how individual people scored on Uworld and their NCLEX success and 9 times out of 10, people scoring above 55% were all passing NCLEX at 75 questions!!!! Sounds reassuring right!?!?

GOOD LUCK AND PERSEVERE!!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK