FUCK YEA UWORLD!! PASSED NCLEX 1ST TIME!!!!!!!!

4/19/2017 6:24:35 PM
UWorld is the BEST nclex prep source!! Upon graduation from BSN program, I did the $500 Kaplan 3 day in class prep course. I thought it was "good". Honestly, I could have asked a former student who took the class to tell me the main points (decision tree) and that would have been suffice. Forget about their decision tree. At first, when I was doing solely kaplan practice tests, I thought "Hell yea this decision tree works". That mindset ended quickly. You cannot use that damn decision tree on every question. With time, I found I was getting some questions wrong because of it. I didn't like the Kaplan RNTest prep. The rationales are absolute dog****, one sentence max. How the hell are you supposed to learn from it!? After that, I started doing UWorld and was amazed: Large qbank, AMAZING RATIONALES, and you can select to do tests based off subjects. When I first started to do Uworld practice tests, I started in the 40% range on 75q tests. Fast forward a month, my scores improved to low-high 60s. My performance on completed qbank was 60% correct, 40% incorrect. On final assessment 1, I scored 57% and on final assessment 2, I scored 71%. REMEDIATION IS KEY! I spent so much time during remediation of wrong questions: when I would go to the results page of the test, I would look at the "system and topic" of the question and immediately mentally recite the question, answer and rationale, and repeat that 5x over to burn it into my brain. After that, look into a mirror and recite it again, in the mindset that I was educating a patient. That was my key to success. Also SLAVING away on this website whenever I wasn't working. My life for the past 2 months was either work as a CNA or study/practice on Uworld. That's it. It took every ounce of focus and determination to sit down for 12 hrs on my off days studying and doing practice tests.

As I was sitting in the waiting room to be called up to get searched prior to sitting down to take NCLEX, I told myself "Alright man, you put in the hard work, did great on UWorld practice tests. Now it's show time. Just another practice test". Fast foward 1hr 45 mins, the computer shut off at 75 and I knew I got the last question correct. I got AT LEAST 25 SATA, but the weird thing is I didn't really feel myself REALLY thinking hard during the entire test. Maybe because I spent SOO much time and effort studying and practicing on Uworld, my mind was in autopilot. Either way, I passed NCLEX on my first attempt, 75 questions due to UWORLD. My licence has posted and I start working next week. THANKS UWORLD!!!!

4/19/2017 9:26:55 PM
Do you think it is possible to have the same great results from only having 1-2 weeks of using UWorld?

4/20/2017 1:04:38 AM
Anna22209623 wrote:
Do you think it is possible to have the same great results from only having 1-2 weeks of using UWorld?

Hate to be a debbie downer, but I would say no. In my experience, it took me more than 2 weeks to tailor my mindset to Uworld and start improving my scores. As stated in my first post, I basically lived on this website studying/remediating/taking practice tests. Have you done other studying aside from what you will be doing for the 1-2 weeks on Uworld? Aside from spending endless time on Uworld, I used the ATI Nclex prep book for content review because my school did the ATI predictor. I really like this ATI book: it breaks everything down really well into bullet points and is easy to work through.

4/26/2017 12:23:07 PM
What "mode" did you use when you answered your questions each day? Tutor mode or the test mode?
thanks for your help!

hejc419460 wrote:
UWorld is the BEST nclex prep source!! Upon graduation from BSN program, I did the $500 Kaplan 3 day in class prep course. I thought it was "good". Honestly, I could have asked a former student who took the class to tell me the main points (decision tree) and that would have been suffice. Forget about their decision tree. At first, when I was doing solely kaplan practice tests, I thought "Hell yea this decision tree works". That mindset ended quickly. You cannot use that damn decision tree on every question. With time, I found I was getting some questions wrong because of it. I didn't like the Kaplan RNTest prep. The rationales are absolute dog****, one sentence max. How the hell are you supposed to learn from it!? After that, I started doing UWorld and was amazed: Large qbank, AMAZING RATIONALES, and you can select to do tests based off subjects. When I first started to do Uworld practice tests, I started in the 40% range on 75q tests. Fast forward a month, my scores improved to low-high 60s. My performance on completed qbank was 60% correct, 40% incorrect. On final assessment 1, I scored 57% and on final assessment 2, I scored 71%. REMEDIATION IS KEY! I spent so much time during remediation of wrong questions: when I would go to the results page of the test, I would look at the "system and topic" of the question and immediately mentally recite the question, answer and rationale, and repeat that 5x over to burn it into my brain. After that, look into a mirror and recite it again, in the mindset that I was educating a patient. That was my key to success. Also SLAVING away on this website whenever I wasn't working. My life for the past 2 months was either work as a CNA or study/practice on Uworld. That's it. It took every ounce of focus and determination to sit down for 12 hrs on my off days studying and doing practice tests.

As I was sitting in the waiting room to be called up to get searched prior to sitting down to take NCLEX, I told myself "Alright man, you put in the hard work, did great on UWorld practice tests. Now it's show time. Just another practice test". Fast foward 1hr 45 mins, the computer shut off at 75 and I knew I got the last question correct. I got AT LEAST 25 SATA, but the weird thing is I didn't really feel myself REALLY thinking hard during the entire test. Maybe because I spent SOO much time and effort studying and practicing on Uworld, my mind was in autopilot. Either way, I passed NCLEX on my first attempt, 75 questions due to UWORLD. My licence has posted and I start working next week. THANKS UWORLD!!!!

4/26/2017 1:52:11 PM
[quote=claw140142]What "mode" did you use when you answered your questions each day? Tutor mode or the test mode?
thanks for your help!

I was in tutor untimed mode.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK