Failed 4th test

5/11/2017 5:29:02 AM
Failed NCLEX for the 4th time. I decided to post my failure & hope I can get some feed back. I'm so discouraged & I feel that I'm meant to be an LPN & go no further with my goals/career. This was my worst test from the other 3, yet I spent more time prepping for this test. Iv'e been told that there are people that know their "stuff" but are horrible test takers, and I may be one of the "horrible" test takers. I've been a Medical Assistant for 26 years & then moved up to an LPN x 4 yrs now (I took LPN test 1 time, passed with 85 ques). What makes it worse, is that I've purchased NCSNB twice, purchased Kaplan, 2 Saunders book, 2 Lippicott books, exam cram, etc.. all within last year. I'm now trying UWorld b/c I did the free questions & what caught me was the rationales after mini test. I don't know if anyone can guide me b/c I just feel like giving it up.
Z...

5/11/2017 2:05:02 PM
paoc172477 wrote:
Failed NCLEX for the 4th time. I decided to post my failure & hope I can get some feed back. I'm so discouraged & I feel that I'm meant to be an LPN & go no further with my goals/career. This was my worst test from the other 3, yet I spent more time prepping for this test. Iv'e been told that there are people that know their "stuff" but are horrible test takers, and I may be one of the "horrible" test takers. I've been a Medical Assistant for 26 years & then moved up to an LPN x 4 yrs now (I took LPN test 1 time, passed with 85 ques). What makes it worse, is that I've purchased NCSNB twice, purchased Kaplan, 2 Saunders book, 2 Lippicott books, exam cram, etc.. all within last year. I'm now trying UWorld b/c I did the free questions & what caught me was the rationales after mini test. I don't know if anyone can guide me b/c I just feel like giving it up.
Z...

Don't give up! World is extremely resourceful. Take some time off before you jump back into study mode. I'd give myself a few weeks of pure relaxation, then jump back into it. I failed NCLEX on my first try and then purchased UWORLD and passed the second time with the minimum number of questions. The rationales on UWORLD are awesome. Study them. Go over them and try to understand them rather than memorizing the information. There's no use memorizing the information if you are not able to apply it to a given question. UWORLD helps you do that. Stick to one resource at a time. It can become very overwhelming if you have several infont of you at once.
You can do this! Calm down!
Telling yourself you are a bad test taker is already setting yourself up for failure. Positive self talk..."I can do this", "this exam isn't going to get the best of me", "this is the last time Im spending money on the NCLEX because I'm going to succeed".

Good luck with everything future RN.

5/14/2017 1:15:17 PM
hi,
don't give up!
did you use Uworld before to take your last nclex exam?
if not, now just focus on Uworld rationales, and try to do 50-100 questions every day.
my advise to you go over rationales for every single question, go over both wrong and correct answer's rationales.
make a notes, and at the and of the day-go over those notes that you did.
I used uworld, saunders as a content, PAD lacharity because prioritization and delegation was my weakness.
but uworld was the main source i used. I purchased kaplan and didn't like it at all. i spent only one week to understand how their decision tree is working and realized that i dont want to spend my time to learn kaplan's strategies. I believe for the nclex we have to know the content! and i believe all needed content for this exam -on uworld's rationales! of course, we have to know about strategies too but it shouldn't be our main focus.
passed nclex on my first attempt with 78 questions.
passing grade for nursing classes in my school was 78. i was B grade student.
Good luck on your exam! with uworld u will PASS!
edited by on 5/14/2017
edited by on 5/14/2017

5/15/2017 9:38:56 PM
paoc172477 wrote:
Z...

5/15/2017 9:47:03 PM
Hello,
Don't give up. I too sat for my RN exam last week and I was not successful. I did all 265 questions. I kinda new I didn't pass because the people at the center was looking so sad when I left. When I received that envelope today and I opened it... every area said near passing. I went through all the emotions over the weekend. Sad and mad, but if I can score near passing... I can and I will do this. I passed nursing school and I'm going to pass this exam. I can do this...true story. Stay tuned because I am going to report my SUCCESS and celebrate passing. It's so not over. So don't you throw in the towel on yourself... you preserver. We can do this!!!!

5/23/2017 1:35:38 AM
paoc172477 wrote:
Z...

Try happy nclex =) it helps me big time combine with UWORLD =)

8/1/2017 10:25:58 PM
How long did anyone wait after graduation to take their exam. Also how long are you studying a day and for how long? Thanks

8/3/2017 4:34:26 PM
paoc172477 wrote:
Z...

If this is your 4th time, i would definitely assume that you had enough of content already. Try UWORLD and HAPPYNCLEX- that was my perfect combo =) Gives you more solid content and good testing skills/strategies.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK