What to do, What to do.....

5/12/2017 4:10:43 PM
I am scheduled to test next Tuesday. Both assessment test I scored Low chance of passing. I did run out of time on both as I need more than 1 1/2 hours to do 75 questions. I've completed all the questions in the qbank and have done about half of the incorrect questions. Still working on them as much as I can with the time I have left. I'm not sure if I should test on Tuesday or take more time to study?? My individual scores on test of 45 questions each have ranges of 50-60%. Over all is 55%. I'm trying not to focus on the scores so much and trust God, but the Low chance of passing can be discouraging.

5/12/2017 6:07:19 PM
Don't be discourage and just take the test. the more you reschedule probably the more you will forget what you had been studying. I also took the 1st assessment and got a low grade too which is very disappoint and moved on. Now, Im continuing answering qbank and understanding rationales. If I were you just continue answering qbank or if your done with everything try to read those rationales/ try to review again. don't mind the score. Do the best you can and think positive that you can pass the exam. Don't be too rush answering the question. Good luck and may God bless you. give us an update. btw, mine taking on June 12.

5/13/2017 12:32:40 AM
miax751037 wrote:
I am scheduled to test next Tuesday. Both assessment test I scored Low chance of passing. I did run out of time on both as I need more than 1 1/2 hours to do 75 questions. I've completed all the questions in the qbank and have done about half of the incorrect questions. Still working on them as much as I can with the time I have left. I'm not sure if I should test on Tuesday or take more time to study?? My individual scores on test of 45 questions each have ranges of 50-60%. Over all is 55%. I'm trying not to focus on the scores so much and trust God, but the Low chance of passing can be discouraging.

Hello,

I suggest completely reviewing the assessment test, did you understand the question? did you use process of elimination? what was going through your mind? read- then re read the rationale. Understand your weak areas and adapt it. I did my first assessment yesterday and surprising scored " very high chance of passing" and did not finish the entire exam had 11 questions left. I reflected and thought perhaps I am not doing the same thing each time meaning do things systematically each time you get a question. I tend to just read and find an answer- and on occasion lose myself and then having to re-read the question again! so, now I know read carefully the first time, identify it clearly then go HUNT for the answer. Keep the objective clear in your mind and hold onto it as i look through each answer choice. Identifying the stem is KEY and it will save you time!

Do a couple of questions on la charity- it really helped sharpen my mind and kept me alert!
edited by on 5/13/2017

5/22/2017 8:06:43 PM
I ran out of time at 145 questions. Yup 6 hours to do 145 questions. I already know I can't complete all questions in 6 hours. I really kept myself focused on each question for that reason. A number of them were familiar from uworld. But still failed. I don't know what to do. This is my third time taking this and I am so done. I did all the questions. Read all the rationales. Re-did more than half my incorrect.

5/22/2017 9:02:13 PM
I'm sorry for a bad outcome......It really hurt after a such long time studying and giving your best.... btw, How many SATA did you got? What type of questions you got?

5/22/2017 9:55:01 PM
dttz610726 wrote:
I'm sorry for a bad outcome......It really hurt after a such long time studying and giving your best.... btw, How many SATA did you got? What type of questions you got?

I had at least 30 SATA. A lot of priority. At least 10 pharm questions. 2 EKG. Can't remember much more right now. Like I said a number of them were familiar from uworld.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK