Passed in 75 first time

8/18/2017 10:45:45 AM
If you listen to what everyone has to say about the NCLEX you would think that it is easier to climb Mount Everest . In preparation people will tell you that you have to know something specific (i.e. everything about every drug) or use a certain source unless you desire certain failure. The best thing to do is keep it simple and focus on one resource (maybe 2 resources). After the quarter ended our school had a mandatory Kaplan Review session the week after. I tried to follow the advice of my instructor and use the resources as instructed. It lead to a lot of frustration. Using their decision tree lead me to get questions incorrect that I would have gotten correct if I just answered it as normal. I found that the rationales were not detailed and hunting for the information left out of them was time consuming. All while doing this my scores were not improving. I never broke 60%.
I began to compare study materials with other classmates and I found that they preferred UWorld. They felt like they were learning a lot and people in my class who took the test began to pass in 75. I bought the app and did a test. I finally broke 60%. I read the rationales and they were as amazing as everyone told me they were. So my study plan was to do at least 75 questions a day. I then made my notes into flashcards and began to study those. I made flashcards for incorrect ones and correct ones that I did not understand the rationale to. Three weeks before the test I took my self assessment and had a high chance of passing (57%). Did more questions and then took the second self assessment three days before my exam getting a very high change of passing (65%). I finished the q bank with a 60% with 300 questions left over. I prayed before the test and took it. The exam shut off at 75. I was unsure of how I did because at that point you either pass with flying colors or fail miserably. I was convinced that I was below the passing levels because the questions were not as difficult as UWorld. Long story short, study consistently, have a little faith, and take the self assessment until you at least have a high chance of passing ( who wants to waste their money and time).
edited by on 8/18/2017

8/18/2017 11:29:52 PM
Did you get lots of pharma question? Is it true that Uworld is alot more challenging than Nclex? If yes, in what sense? Thanks! Congrats RN!
edited by on 8/18/2017

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK