UWorld is bae (passed second time)

8/18/2017 12:33:05 PM
Took NCLEX twice. Passed the second time using u-world as my primary qbank questions and the hurst review book a friend gave me for basic content I needed to know.

First time taking the nclex I used Kaplan q banks. Average pretty much 60% after going through all questions, unused and incorrect. Felt confident due to the scores but ended up failing the nclex at 145 questions.
A friend told me about uworld and I gave it a shot. Took 145 questions each day and studied the rationales very well. Even if it is right or wrong. I studied to make sure I understand why I got it right or wrong. I ended up with a 54% average.
The answers I got wrong, I wrote in a notebook with rationales on the topic of question. I finished u world around two and a half weeks. If not two weeks at best.
Two days before exam I already finished all the qbank questions and went through around 200 questions I got incorrect. The last day specifically I skimmed my hurst review for subjects I need to know and went through all my notes from my notebook. Evidently, I pretty much chilled the laat day after skimming.

Come to test date, I was more comfortable and relaxed. It felt like another u world exam and really took my time. I passed with 100 questions at around 1 hr 45 min.

Uworld definitely helped me out . I dont like Kaplan as much but used the decision tree as my basic steps to answer a few questions. Dont worry im not a smart kid either. Graduated with a 2.61 gpa lol
Study hard!

8/19/2017 6:09:43 AM
ujet820956 wrote:
Took NCLEX twice. Passed the second time using u-world as my primary qbank questions and the hurst review book a friend gave me for basic content I needed to know.

First time taking the nclex I used Kaplan q banks. Average pretty much 60% after going through all questions, unused and incorrect. Felt confident due to the scores but ended up failing the nclex at 145 questions.
A friend told me about uworld and I gave it a shot. Took 145 questions each day and studied the rationales very well. Even if it is right or wrong. I studied to make sure I understand why I got it right or wrong. I ended up with a 54% average.
The answers I got wrong, I wrote in a notebook with rationales on the topic of question. I finished u world around two and a half weeks. If not two weeks at best.
Two days before exam I already finished all the qbank questions and went through around 200 questions I got incorrect. The last day specifically I skimmed my hurst review for subjects I need to know and went through all my notes from my notebook. Evidently, I pretty much chilled the laat day after skimming.

Come to test date, I was more comfortable and relaxed. It felt like another u world exam and really took my time. I passed with 100 questions at around 1 hr 45 min.

Uworld definitely helped me out . I dont like Kaplan as much but used the decision tree as my basic steps to answer a few questions. Dont worry im not a smart kid either. Graduated with a 2.61 gpa lol
Study hard!

Uworld is indeed, bae. Haha. First of all, I wanna say congrats! So happy you passed the nclex. Second of all, I test in a couple of weeks. I also use kaplan and uworld. I mostly focus on uworld because kaplan has **** rationales(excuse my language) however, their questions seems much more difficult than uworld. Should i be worried? I come across questions in kaplan that uworld did not prepare me for and Im so worried that it would be like that during the nclex. Please help. Thanks.

8/21/2017 2:06:02 PM
ngrk845554 wrote:
ujet820956 wrote:

Study hard!

Uworld is indeed, bae. Haha. First of all, I wanna say congrats! So happy you passed the nclex. Second of all, I test in a couple of weeks. I also use kaplan and uworld. I mostly focus on uworld because kaplan has **** rationales(excuse my language) however, their questions seems much more difficult than uworld. Should i be worried? I come across questions in kaplan that uworld did not prepare me for and Im so worried that it would be like that during the nclex. Please help. Thanks.

It goes vice versa for both u world and kaplan. There will always be questions you will not be prepared for in each program. Don't worry because if you get it wrong, you can review the rationales.
Personally, I thought the nclex was easier than my average of 145 questions i take in u world daily. Don't get me wrong, NCLEX is a hard exam but uworld helped me become more comfortable.
With the second time coming in the NCLEX, I made sure to understend the content of systems, labs, symptoms, diseases etc. as best as I could. Without knowing the content of the question, it will be hard to answer questions you may not know. But of course, eliminating answers you know that is not true helps.
Don't worry about how each program shows questions you do not know. It is a preparation for the nclex. During the nclex, the questions are different topics in nursing. So its hard to pinpoint what topics will show. Uworld definitely help me prepare buy understanding the rationales better than kaplan in my opinion. I went through all the kaplan qbank questions and tried to understand the rationales. But i wrnt through all of it because i did it before my first exam. If you are time constrained. Focus on uworld qbank questions. There are a lot of questions in that qbank

8/22/2017 11:01:45 PM
tirj364819 wrote:
WAS RECOMMENDED BY SOMEONE ON HERE TO BUY NCLEX TB FROM A NUMBER (501-333-6676) THEY PROVIDED(CAN'T FIND POST ). I DIDN'T WANT TO TELL ANYONE I BOUGHT IT BECAUSE I WASN'T SURE IF IT WAS REAL. WELL, I BOUGHT THE TB AND I TOOK MY NCLEX ON SATURDAY. ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE THE EXACT THING THEY GAVE ME AND I ENDED ON THE 75TH QUESTION. MY RESULTS CAME OUT TODAY AND I PASSED. THANK GOD. PLEASE CONTACT THAT NUMBER AND YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED.

SCAM!!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK