Passed Nclex w/ 180 questions used Uworld only

8/19/2017 12:59:51 PM
I passed my nclex August 2 using Uworld. It is truly a great tool but really utilize it so you don't spend so much money renewing trying to prepare. Anyway, I wanted to share my experience with this forum:
Preparing for the Exam:
--I started studying exactly July 1st. I did 1 75 questions quiz everyday, no specialty, just a quiz over everything. If it was something I absolutely did not know I would look it up and read up on it again, but for the most part I strictly just used Uworld.
- -I had about 411 questions left by the time Aug. 2 came.
-- My first assessment was a 52% of passing, my 2nd was a 81%.
During the exam--
--Started off okay, but progressively got challenging to me
--If I got a question right or a series of questions right, I would immediately get a SATA
--If I got the SATA wrong, it would immediately give me single questions and they were relatively easy to me, like they were giving me an opportunity to build my score back up so I can get more SATA questions
--I got 54 SATA
--No Math thank goodness!
After Exam:
--I tried the PVT about 2 hours after the test and got the good pop up. I tried again later that night & got the same thing. I was relatively confident I passed. That Friday I got my quick results of a pass!
Advice:
--Study everyday, and do your questions. If you did not do really well in Nursing school and you feel like their are specialties you still don't know, go over them & then get to Uworld. Don't stress yourself out, and don't create this impossible study schedule. 75 quizzes a day help me pace myself because I get very impatient after just taking 50 questions. So i really had to sit down and train myself to focus. I really think that's why I went up to 180, my attention span is that of a squirrel.
--Take breaks, hang out with friends and don't forget you still have a life outside of studying, good luck!
I almost forgot:
A lot of people have asked whether Uworld is harder than the nclex, I personally believe they were about the same. When I first started during Uworld questions I was absolutely terrified, I felt so dumb because they questions were so difficult to me, but I start using it in April to prepare myself for my HESI EXIT. I became more comfortable with answering the questions. Some of the Nclex questions seemed so similar to Uworld that when I trying to remember Nclex questions I had on the exam, and I was mixing them up with Uworld! It truly does prepare you for your exam if you utilize it the correct way. Again study hard & you will pass!

edited by on 8/19/2017
edited by on 8/19/2017
edited by on 8/19/2017
edited by on 8/19/2017
edited by on 8/19/2017

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK