Failed the NCLEX...

10/17/2017 6:01:16 PM
Hi,

So a little background...I graduated in 8/2017 and took my boards within two months of graduating. I had A LOT going on...sister got married, her bachelorette, traveling etc etc. I always got good grades in nursing school (I was in an accelerated BSN program)...never got below an 87% in a class. Well, I barely prepared for the exam...I thought "I got this" and "If she passed, so can I!" BOY WAS I WRONG! I took the exam and was EXPECTING 75 questions...when the computer didn't shut off, I was mad. I answer 97 questions then the computer finally shut off. I didn't take my time and rushed through it. The test started off with about every other question as a SATA so I figured I was passing....did the PVT trick and it took my card. 24 hours after that, my name came of the BON site....48 hours I found out I failed!!!! My heart sunk, I cried...a lot, I was embarrassed, ashamed, mad at myself....I should have taken it more seriously and not assume I was going to pass.

So, here we go second time around. I am scheduled for my 2nd test on Nov. 6th. I have been using World and the Learning extension. World is by far my favorite!! I took both pretest and scored a "bordering passing" on the first and a "very high chance of passing" on the second. My scores for all the bank are in the 50's-upper 60's. I love using this site because it is JUST like the NCLEX!!! I used Kaplan before and HATED it...I am not even looking at Kaplan now.

So, any advice for this second tim around? I want to know how often people pass on the 2nd try....I am so nervous but have been studying. I just did another qbank test of 75 questions and scored a 56%...good!?! I believe you at least have to get half the questions correct on the NCLEX to be done in 75 questions (I know I shouldn't go in assuming I will only have that many).

Thank you!! I hope this helps people!!!

10/20/2017 10:52:39 AM
I just decided to return to uworld to see if I could motivate anyone and found your post.
I graduate 06/2017. Almost our entire class bought Kaplan and I thought since its an investment, I would make that sacrifice. I only used Kaplan, went to the classes. Kaplan questions made me feel like it was just a hit or miss. Their rationale made little to no sense. My friends told me to switch to Uworld but paying for Kaplan made my pocket say " HELL NO". Just like you, I took my boards two months after. Did all 265 questions and Failed!!!!

I was never a bookworm that spends hours at a time studying, I would never learn that way. However, I was an excellent A student in everything else except nursing of course. Instead of changing my hours of studying, I decide to change my studying from Kaplan to Uworld. While using uworld I even got a job and put in the same amount of study time.

When i did the first pretest, I got passing. My scores on uworld qb range from 45% to 65% mainly 50's. The day of my 2nd nclex exam (exactly one month after my first nclex) I took the 2nd pretest and dropped to borderline passing. Just imagine my confidence. When I sit the exam at question 45 or so I took a mini break to close my eyes and relax in my seat. It ended in 75 questions!!!!!. I was nervous and found out 2 day later I PASSED!!!!! Be confident Uworld rationales made a world of difference.

10/23/2017 11:31:42 PM
TRY HAPPYNCLEX =)

10/25/2017 12:09:20 PM
took my first nclex on 2016 and failed, i thought i would pass since I was currently working in the ED department in a government hospital in another country, but boy i was wrong! i did all 265 questions and failed, my heart got broken. I returned to work questioning my credibility, I asked myself am I stupid for not answering all the questions right? then my sister told me its not my fault since we have different hospital procedures and policies at my hospital and the fact that I was working in another country. so here iam taking my chance at uworld.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK