Passed in 75 questions...UWorld is amazing!

1/26/2018 4:45:56 PM
I just wanted to share my experience, because I'm the perfect example of UWorld working! In nursing school, I was a B student. If I got an A, it was a blessing, and only if I studied a ton for an exam. I could study for 3 days before any test, and pull off a B or B+.

Now let's get to the good stuff. 2 months before the NCLEX, I purchased UWorld. I decided that I wanted to get through the whole question bank. I did about 25 random questions a day, and then eventually upped to 50, and then 75. About two weeks before the exam, I finished all 2000 question with a 59% average. Of course, UWorld suggests to be over a 60%, so I was like "oh no...doom and gloom...drama...etc". I decided to go back through and look at areas where I had problems and focus on those. For instance, I bombed the Endocrine section. Not sure what the Endocrine and I have against each other, but I was low AF on that section. What I learned was, I should have gone section by section to study, because I learned so much, doing the 80 some endocrine questions. I understand that people say "do it mixed because that's what the nclex is like". Sure, that's totally true, but if you don't understand the endocrine system when you get the one question out of 75, you aren't going to understand it 5 days later when another endocrine question comes up. With that said, there is no right or wrong way to do it, I just felt that I learned more doing it by sections.

About 9 days before I was supposed to test, I took the first predictor and got a 61% - which they said was a VERY HIGH chance of passing the NCLEX, and it was the 68th percentile. Someone on here started a rumor that the 68th percentile means you have a 68% chance of passing the NCLEX. That is not what that means. It means you are 68% better than the majority of people that have taken that same assessment.

My nerves were starting to get the best of me. I was doing about 150 questions a day, trying to learn the stuff that I had trouble with. I decided to take the 2nd predictor 7 days out. On that one, I got a 65% - which once again they said was a VERY HIGH chance of passing. At this point, I was like "eff it, I'm moving my test up". So I moved it up 5 days.

The day of the test, I was super anxious. It was at 2pm. I did about 40 questions on UWorld to get in the mood of answering questions. I took a bubble bath, and had a huge healthy kale salad. I didn't drink any coffee, didn't want to work myself up anymore than needed.

I got to the center, after getting checked in, the test started. It looked exactly like my UWorld screen which was comforting. My questions were not crazy at all. I mean, some of them, I was like "I honestly don't know this" but the nice thing about the NCLEX is, you don't have to know everything. You only have to do AVERAGE to pass. The pass rate is 90.35%. The test is ON YOUR SIDE. I got a total of 23 SATA questions. There were questions I knew 100% when I clicked and there were questions, that I could only narrow down to 2 answers, and I honestly didn't care if I knew, because I felt so prepared from UWorld. The exam to me, was actually easier than UWorld. People have said it before on these forums, a UWorld question gives you a priority that is intense, like resp rate, potassium rate, infant vomiting, and increased ICP...which is the priority. The Nclex is more broad. My computer shut off at 75 questions. In my heart, I knew I passed, because UWorld made me a stronger test taker. I will suggest this website to any nursing student for the rest of my career. Keep doing questions, and jot down things you don't understand. Read the rationales, even if you get it right. You should learn something new with every question. If you don't, you're doing it wrong.

Good Luck everyone!

1/26/2018 5:13:19 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback, and congratulations on passing the NCLEX!

This response actually eased my mind about the process of studying!!

1/27/2018 11:47:47 AM
Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience. I am hoping to write end of feb and have a difficult time with finding time to study all the material.

5/31/2018 10:25:14 AM
congratUlations i am studying hard i have 3 kids i work sometime is hard but i have faith the u world would be my last review for nclex #RN

6/25/2018 1:00:38 AM
I really needed to read this. Been doing 100 questions a day and have about 800 to go. My rank thus far is 58th percentile. I have not done any assessments but my word have I learned a lot (much more than any textbook or clinical rotation). I do learn from every question and I will heed your advice about studying in sections for the remainder of the test bank and then when I go over the incorrect questions at the end. I test early in July and was going to move my date up but I think I will sit pretty for a while with Uworld and learn learn learn!

6/25/2018 2:41:21 AM
Thanks for sharing! I was wondering did you strictly study off of UWorld or did you pair it with something else?! I just wanted your input if using ONLY UWorld to study would be enough to pass. Thanks!

8/8/2018 4:01:19 PM
thank you so much for the info.
i wish everyone came back on this and gave sm feedback

9/10/2018 8:49:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I just completed all 2129 questions today, but over the course of 1.5 months. I only have 150 (2 tests) to remediate over then I will sit and take my assessment test by Wednesday. My exam date is on Saturday 9-15-18. I did Kaplan for the test strategy portions, but UWorld is much better!

Thanks for sharing your story!

9/20/2018 11:47:25 AM
Did you pass? How was your experience?

6/3/2019 10:59:49 AM
So my average is 66% overall, but it says I'm in the 92nd percentile. 66% seems terrible, but 92nd percentile seems great. What does it mean?

8/2/2019 10:18:22 PM
vyzs344506 wrote:
congratUlations i am studying hard i have 3 kids i work sometime is hard but i have faith the u world would be my last review for nclex #RN

HEY MOMMA, SAME HERE . IMA MOMMY OF TWO AND WORKING. TEST IS IN TWO WEEKS AND IM FREAKING OUT. DID YOU PASS?

8/16/2019 1:44:12 AM
Thank you so much for sharing, very helpful info. I'm taking my NCLEX in 2 month, I'm getting 40%-48% right now and I'm guessing i need to change study strategy

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK