Borderline on BOTH Self-Assessments! PASSED at 228

2/11/2018 5:58:04 PM
This Is For Anyone That Is Feeling Discouraged!

A post helped me through my process and I hope this one will encourage someone as well.

PASSED ON THE FIRST TIME!!!!

DO NOT GIVE UP!

GOD IS SO GOOD!

I am here to tell you my story. I used Uworld from January 2, 2018 until January 31, 2018. I completed ALL of the Qbank questions and both self-assessments. When I first started to use Uworld, my scores ranged from 42%-48%. As, I continued my scores increased to a high of 60%, THE MAX! I was extremely discouraged! BUT I prayed daily. I stayed focused! I studied the rationales and made sure I completely understood why I got the question wrong and why I got the question right because let's be honest some questions we just take a guess. I created a word document and copied all explanations. Towards the end of the second week and beginning of the third week, I scored only the average of the exam. I was so discouraged but I kept pushing. When I scored borderline on the first assessment, I read the rationales just like I did with the Qbank exams. Three days before my exam, I took the second Qbank and received BORDERLINE AGAIN!!!!!! I wanted to push my test back but my start date for my job was quickly approaching so I kept my faith and believed that I would pass.

At the end, my average was 50% and I scored in the 29th percentile. I KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT, I knew the information and I understood the rationales. I was determined that the word “borderline” was not going to define me. Two days before the exam, I only studied my document with the rationales. I did not take any practice questions.

I took my test and when it passed 75, I prayed. I remained calm and focused. I read each question thoroughly and I was confident in my answer choice. At 228, my test finally cut off. I had to wait 2 days to find out if I passed or failed but it was beyond worth it. Uworld was EXTREMELY helpful. There was not one topic that Uworld did not include in practice questions.

READ RATIONALES, TAKE AS MANY QBANK QUESTIONS AS POSSIBLE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BELIEVE IN GOD.

I am pleased to say that I am living my dream as a NICU Nurse.

-Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

-Good Luck Future Nurse. Don’t Give Up!
edited by on 2/11/2018

2/11/2018 7:43:30 PM
Congrats so you passed your Nclex RN what a blessing. I'm testing the end of February I'm keeping the faith that I too will pass this exam so I can Move forward. Thanks for your words of encouragement. so you wrote down all rationales?

2/11/2018 8:26:06 PM
vmfc925185 wrote:
Congrats so you passed your Nclex RN what a blessing. I'm testing the end of February I'm keeping the faith that I too will pass this exam so I can Move forward. Thanks for your words of encouragement. so you wrote down all rationales?

Uworld gives you an overall rationale at the end of each question. For the most part, I literally copied and paste the rationales into a word document so I could study them through the weeks. I only copied important rationales that I knew I would most likely see again. Example, which leg to use when walking up and down the steps. Which medications interact with herbal supplements. When to immediately give 0.9% NS.

12/28/2018 11:36:10 PM
mqjc661821 wrote:

A post helped me through my process and I hope this one will encourage someone as well.

DO NOT GIVE UP!

GOD IS SO GOOD!

I am here to tell you my story. I used Uworld from January 2, 2018 until January 31, 2018. I completed ALL of the Qbank questions and both self-assessments. When I first started to use Uworld, my scores ranged from 42%-48%. As, I continued my scores increased to a high of 60%, THE MAX! I was extremely discouraged! BUT I prayed daily. I stayed focused! I studied the rationales and made sure I completely understood why I got the question wrong and why I got the question right because let's be honest some questions we just take a guess. I created a word document and copied all explanations. Towards the end of the second week and beginning of the third week, I scored only the average of the exam. I was so discouraged but I kept pushing. When I scored borderline on the first assessment, I read the rationales just like I did with the Qbank exams. Three days before my exam, I took the second Qbank and received BORDERLINE AGAIN!!!!!! I wanted to push my test back but my start date for my job was quickly approaching so I kept my faith and believed that I would pass.

At the end, my average was 50% and I scored in the 29th percentile. I KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT, I knew the information and I understood the rationales. I was determined that the word “borderline” was not going to define me. Two days before the exam, I only studied my document with the rationales. I did not take any practice questions.

I took my test and when it passed 75, I prayed. I remained calm and focused. I read each question thoroughly and I was confident in my answer choice. At 228, my test finally cut off. I had to wait 2 days to find out if I passed or failed but it was beyond worth it. Uworld was EXTREMELY helpful. There was not one topic that Uworld did not include in practice questions.

READ RATIONALES, TAKE AS MANY QBANK QUESTIONS AS POSSIBLE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY BELIEVE IN GOD.

-Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

edited by on 2/11/2018

12/28/2018 11:36:52 PM
mqjc661821 wrote:

DO NOT GIVE UP!

GOD IS SO GOOD!

edited by on 2/11/2018

12/28/2018 11:38:19 PM
Honestly God bless you girl, your post helped me a lot. I passed the NCLEX-RN with 75 questions.

I read your post everyday as it was very helpful for me.

Thanks girl.

2/4/2019 7:21:06 PM
wixf400509 wrote:
Honestly God bless you girl, your post helped me a lot. I passed the NCLEX-RN with 75 questions.

I read your post everyday as it was very helpful for me.

Thanks girl.

Gosh that's amazing. I am so scared to take the Assessment test I only have one... My average is 71% I am still scared.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK