Random questions or by subject, which is better?

5/18/2018 5:52:32 AM
Hello my friends,

Can anyone who has been doing a lot of questions or has passed the boards that used UWorld tell me which is better to do to maximize studying? I feel like random questions are good to stimulate the real test but do you learn content better with doing questions by subject?

Those who have passed, which way did you study and what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance!
edited by on 5/18/2018

5/20/2018 5:44:22 PM
Hello friend,
Everyone studies in there own way and uses different methods . On 5/16/18, I found out I passed. This was my 7th go around. I've utilized many other resources, but I've always came back to UWORLD b/c it helped me. What I did different this time: I selected individual subjects (ex: Med Surg), then I selected what i was weak in (Cardiac) & so forth. I selected individual subjects (based on all my NCLEX subject failures) so I can do questions, understand why I got the answer wrong, and go forward. I also was doing 15 or 25 questions per individual subjects at a time and 15 or 25 all random questions in which I never did in all my previous UWORLD studies. I realized that doing 75 questions at a time was NOT working FOR ME, it may work for others though. Yes, this may seem lame, BUT doing these "small" amount of questions & reading all the rationales really helped me. I was doing 100-200 questions a day, maybe more, BUT I was doing 25 questions at a time. I work 5 days a week as an LPN, so after work every day, I try to do as many questions as I can. PLEASE don't give up. Find a method that will work for you.. YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!

5/21/2018 1:58:45 AM
Thank you for replying. I am doing the same 45 questions per day, reading the rationale thoroughly. If I don't understand something, I open my Saunders or look it up online. I try not to put too much pressure on how many questions I do a day rather understanding ALL the rationales. I have done some research and people said that doing both subject and random questions alternating is good. When it comes down to it, I think just understanding the rationales is the most important based on what I have seen from here on the forums.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK