How to prep for NCLEX

6/5/2018 2:32:18 PM
To all of the people who have test anxiety (like me)... I wanted to share with you how I successful passed my RN NCLEX. I promise I will try to be quick and to the point.

Took my NCLEX yesterday and passed.
* I studied for 3 weeks.
* Reviewed 1400 questions on UWorld (minimum 75 questions a day).
* Attended Mark Klemek's NCLEX review 5 months ago (was very helpful for my last semester of nursing school) and reviewed the "BLUE" Mark Klemek book during these 3 weeks.
* Reviewed ATI 150 questions

My very 1st quiz on UWorld was a 41%. I wont lie, it crushed me. But the more questions I did the better my score got. None of the % made much since to me and I couldn't really tell if my scores were bad or fair. My final average was 63% in the 86th percentile.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone read the rationals for "EACH" questions. It was extremely helpful in understanding how to critically think out the questions and to understanding the skill or disease process, etc.

I also found it helpful to go back and create quizzes on the questions I missed. This allowed me to see if I was retaining the info and understanding the process. (I did this 2 days before my NCLEX)

Yes, UWorld seemed a bit tougher than ATI (even NCLEX RN Mastery online- which I didn't spend much time using) but UWorld is very much worth it...

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
2018, RN
edited by on 6/5/2018

6/5/2018 5:19:43 PM
Congrats! That is very exciting news! If you don't mind me asking did you do the self-assessment test and if so how did you score?

6/6/2018 2:26:29 AM
I noticed a trend on alot of priority questions and less on content. Any input on this?

6/6/2018 7:12:00 AM
congrats my dear but I need to ask you a question : Did you do the Mark KLimex review on Columbus ,Ohio ,please ? And I heard a lot people said ,It is the same stuff that on the street.

6/6/2018 7:12:19 AM
vnyi641322 wrote:
congrats my dear but I need to ask you a question : Did you do the Mark KLimex review on Columbus ,Ohio ,please ? And I heard a lot people said ,It is the same stuff that on the street.

6/6/2018 11:01:25 AM
svyg266063 wrote:
Congrats! That is very exciting news! If you don't mind me asking did you do the self-assessment test and if so how did you score?

Good morning... thanks and sorry for the late reply. Was celebrating for hours yesterday... lol
None the less, I only purchased the 30 day question bank. I did 75- 150 questions a day. And just made sure i read the rationales. If I didn't understand something, I went to ''registered nurse rn.com'' on youtube. She's very good at breaking things down. Otherwise I didnt do any assessment tests. Hope that's helpful.
Let me know if you have more questions... totally down to help out.

6/6/2018 11:10:20 AM
omtc250656 wrote:
I noticed a trend on alot of priority questions and less on content. Any input on this?

Good morning.
I feel like the priority questions are a big part of the boards and them making sure we can safely care for our patients.

I did better with this category with ATI then I did with UWorld . But the questions with UWorld were a lot tougher to prioritize . Primarily because there would be two different patients with a very similar diagnosis . And the ABCs were not entirely enough to go by . Having a strong understanding on prioritization will be helpful for us in the ''real world''
Hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks.

6/6/2018 11:28:43 AM
vnyi641322 wrote:

Good morning.
I took Mark's lecture at Northern KY University (just outside of Cincinnati, OH) i do believe his lecture is the same throughout Ohio. His lecture was very helpful with clever numonics and quick shortcuts with remembering a bunch of information on one topic... (i.e. Cushing's syndrome.)

I'm not sure how other testers feel or did but UWorld and Mark was definitely worth the extra bucks. I honesty fell that both were extremely instrumental with my passing of the NCLEX. Mark gives you basic info and UWorld helps you to apply it to NCLEX questions.

I know both can be expensive, when your not working or are PRN, but I'm glad I did both.
Hope this was helpful.

6/7/2018 2:41:54 PM
Hi, Congratulation to you! i just want to know if you could Please send me your Mark's audio lecture.
Email address: [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance and May god bless you!
edited by on 6/7/2018

6/7/2018 7:43:07 PM
Congrats new RN!!! How did you study using uworld? Did you do questions by each caterogies or randomly? And how many questions per day? Looking for recommendations on how to study Uworld. If possible can you pls forward me any study materials or the Mark Klimek audios you might have to help me with passing the NCLEX?? Any help is much appreciated. My email is [email protected].

6/11/2018 2:35:15 AM
luwu554756 wrote:
To all of the people who have test anxiety (like me)... I wanted to share with you how I successful passed my RN NCLEX. I promise I will try to be quick and to the point.

* I studied for 3 weeks.
* Attended Mark Klemek's NCLEX review 5 months ago (was very helpful for my last semester of nursing school) and reviewed the "BLUE" Mark Klemek book during these 3 weeks.

My very 1st quiz on UWorld was a 41%. I wont lie, it crushed me. But the more questions I did the better my score got. None of the % made much since to me and I couldn't really tell if my scores were bad or fair. My final average was 63% in the 86th percentile.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone read the rationals for "EACH" questions. It was extremely helpful in understanding how to critically think out the questions and to understanding the skill or disease process, etc.

I also found it helpful to go back and create quizzes on the questions I missed. This allowed me to see if I was retaining the info and understanding the process. (I did this 2 days before my NCLEX)

Yes, UWorld seemed a bit tougher than ATI (even NCLEX RN Mastery online- which I didn't spend much time using) but UWorld is very much worth it...

2018, RN
edited by on 6/5/2018

Congrats on passing!! I am happy for you!! If you have Mark's audio lecture can you please send it to me. My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much!!

6/13/2018 2:30:55 PM
congratulations! Please send me the audios of mark klemeks on my email add [email protected]. Thank you and God bless.

6/17/2018 9:51:08 AM
luwu554756 wrote:

* I studied for 3 weeks.

2018, RN
edited by on 6/5/2018

6/17/2018 9:56:48 AM
luwu554756 wrote:

* I studied for 3 weeks.

2018, RN
edited by on 6/5/2018

Congrats. Please, I am in real need of Mark Klemek's Audio send it to my e-mail [email protected]
Thank you.

6/18/2018 3:47:53 PM
sxlp896275 wrote:
Congrats new RN!!! How did you study using uworld? Did you do questions by each caterogies or randomly? And how many questions per day? Looking for recommendations on how to study Uworld. If possible can you pls forward me any study materials or the Mark Klimek audios you might have to help me with passing the NCLEX?? Any help is much appreciated. My email is [email protected].

Hello,
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to reply back to your questions. I reviewed a min of 75 questions a day. I did one topic section at a time. (i.e. mental health then pharm, then Critical Care, etc) I made a point to read the rationale for each questions. Which seemed to help a lot, with understanding the rationale on why the answers were correct. I did spend a little more time on priority questions. I seemed to get a bit hung up on them. But keep doing questions and Take your time while your studying for the boards. Meaning don't time yourself. For me, it was more important to understand the questions rather than answer 75 questions in a hour and 20 mins.
Hope this was helpful.

6/18/2018 4:00:51 PM
Sorry all, but I do not have any audio recordings of Mark Klemek's lecture. I just reviewed the Yellow and Blue books that were given to us at the seminar.
But I'm very confident that UWorld is a great resource. Just take your time with the questions and take notes if its helpful for you.

Oh BTW: I did take a few days to study with a classmate via face time. She ready questions from her ATI NCLEX review book and I did UWorld. We discussed why we chose what we did and then looked at the answers together. This process does take longer... But I found it helpful to bounce ideas off of my classmate and see how close or different our thought process was.

Keep in mind everyone has a strong point and a weak point. and you can help each other out.
Hope this all is helpful. Please feel free to ask any other questions.

6/19/2018 6:33:07 PM
sxlp896275 wrote:
luwu554756 wrote:
sxlp896275 wrote:

Hello,
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to reply back to your questions. I reviewed a min of 75 questions a day. I did one topic section at a time. (i.e. mental health then pharm, then Critical Care, etc) I made a point to read the rationale for each questions. Which seemed to help a lot, with understanding the rationale on why the answers were correct. I did spend a little more time on priority questions. I seemed to get a bit hung up on them. But keep doing questions and Take your time while your studying for the boards. Meaning don't time yourself. For me, it was more important to understand the questions rather than answer 75 questions in a hour and 20 mins.
Hope this was helpful.

Thank you so much for your tips!! I am currently doing questions each topic section at a time. Trying to do at least 50 questions on tutor mode per day and reviewing it as well. Testing in about 2 months. Hopefully its enough time for me to study and pass the Nclex. Good Luck on your next journey as an RN!

6/21/2018 3:30:54 PM

No problem. I'm glad to be able to help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Positive thoughts and keep studying. Good Luck

1/20/2019 10:30:47 AM
congrats!!!
I didn't pass twice already and I don't have the enthusiasm in open any book
please email [email protected]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK