Passed in 76 questions!! Canadian student!

7/18/2018 9:38:06 PM
Hi all!
I was someone who never thought I would pass the NCLEX on the first try, let alone in 76 questions. I always did better on papers in school than on exams so I had pretty much convinced myself I was going to fail the NCLEX. I used only uWorld and passed in 76 questions on my first try!

Now, I worked hard. I'm not someone who is going to sit here and say I only did 300 questions and still passed, I did all 2092 questions. I also wrote out every single rationale...every single one, even if I had gotten the question right. I think to truly understand the rationale you need to either read it a few times or write it down. With writing the rationales, I found it took me about 4 hours to do 75 questions, I know that seems long and daunting but I actually ended up enjoying this method of studying! After I completed the initial 2092 questions, I went back and re-answered the questions I had gotten incorrect or marked, I found this super helpful as well.

I did my first assessment 1 month before my exam, and my second assessment 1 week before my exam, just to gauge where I was at. And you guessed it, I also wrote out the rationale for every question of the assessments hehe.

For any of my Ontario students, I found it hard to find people on this forum that were Canadian (and specifically from Ontario), I wrote on a Wednesday morning and received my results in the mail on the Monday, so about 6 days, but 4 business days (the LONGEST 6 days of my life).

I know my note here is super long, but honestly I was TERRIFIED for the NCLEX and I wanted to give some advice in here because if someone like me, who traditionally was not an amazing test taker can pass, so can you! My biggest piece of advice: take the time to study, I studied for about 6 hours a day..but also take time to enjoy life. I made sure that if I wanted to do something in the evening, I studied my butt off in the morning so I could go to whatever event it was. Obviously the NCLEX is a big deal, but missing out on important things to soley focus on studying isn't healthy. So go for ice cream, hang out with your family, go to the beach for a day, go to the gym (if you're one of those people...I chose ice cream over the gym, but to each their own ) because life is more than just passing the NCLEX (even if it doesn't feel like it now!)

Please feel free to ask me ANYTHING! And happy studying

7/18/2018 10:10:12 PM
congratulations!!

on the official nclex exam, is it minimum of 75 or 76 questions for passing?

7/18/2018 10:35:35 PM
I think its 75. But don't forget that 15 of those questions aren't for marks, they are statistics so if you pass in 75 you actually only answered 60 questions.

7/18/2018 11:07:14 PM
thank you!!!! =)

7/19/2018 12:55:31 AM
This is SOOO motivating! i cant find any canadian writers doing posts on here - did you just use uworld only? im doing what youre did and praying. thanks!

7/19/2018 6:25:37 AM
congratulations on passing!!

what were your averages on uworld? also how did you do on your uworld mock tests?

7/19/2018 1:40:59 PM
thank you so much for posting! I am a long time Canadian (Ontario) lurker and I've always found it hard to gauge people's responses because our program was based on therapeutics instead of actual patho and content. So many people I know passed the CRNE back before it changed to NCLEX and then a lot of people ended up failing the first time because they didn't know how hard it was going to be compared to the old exam.

I write in a week in Toronto and I am also terrified because this will be my 5th time. Yikes! But like you, I've been doing 50q/day and every rationale. Just starting to go over all my wrong answers but with these, I'm going to do it by system. I test next Wednesday so fingers crossed!

7/19/2018 2:28:43 PM
cngm844139 wrote:
This is SOOO motivating! i cant find any canadian writers doing posts on here - did you just use uworld only? im doing what youre did and praying. thanks!

Only uWorld! I wrote down topics on a separate sheet of paper if I felt I needed to go look up more info in my nursing textbooks, but most of it was solely uWorld!
It worked for me so I hope it works for you!

7/19/2018 2:32:46 PM
tker184399 wrote:
congratulations on passing!!

what were your averages on uworld? also how did you do on your uworld mock tests?

So my average was 68%, which I hear is high. That really surprised me, because we come from nursing school and like 60's aren't considered high haha. I've heard from other people though that 40-50% is a good marker for passing. Its so hard to base your success off of those marks though, so I tried not to focus on them too much.
I got "very high chance of passing" on both of my mock tests.

4/22/2019 11:04:06 PM
For purchasing a package through Uworld, does it matter that it does not specify whether it is a Canadian version? Just making sure I am purchasing the right thing.

6/3/2019 8:51:30 PM
bivr397799 wrote:
For purchasing a package through Uworld, does it matter that it does not specify whether it is a Canadian version? Just making sure I am purchasing the right thing.

No, you buy the same prescription I'm pretty sure. It gives you Canadian measurements in brackets if applicable (eg. F to C, or lab values, cm, etc.)
Happy studying

6/6/2019 3:48:48 AM
So happy to know a fellow Canadian passed! I'm also only doing uworld. I was wondering how you broke up your studying and if you literally wrote down everything. I'm finding it's taking so long to cover topics - I don't know how people study for just 2-3 weeks straight for 4-6 hours each day! I almost feel like I'm going to run out of time. I'm doing 12 hours and I still feel behind
edited by on 6/6/2019

6/30/2019 11:01:21 PM
Thank you so much for this review! I've heard many good things about using UWorld to study for the NCLEX and as you stated most didn't really refer to Canadian especially ON test takers. But this review helped so much =) I like the method you used and will definitely try it =) I have mine scheduled for Aug 28 so I guess I better get studying!! THANK YOU!!

mmyo885071 wrote:
Hi all!
I was someone who never thought I would pass the NCLEX on the first try, let alone in 76 questions. I always did better on papers in school than on exams so I had pretty much convinced myself I was going to fail the NCLEX. I used only uWorld and passed in 76 questions on my first try!

Now, I worked hard. I'm not someone who is going to sit here and say I only did 300 questions and still passed, I did all 2092 questions. I also wrote out every single rationale...every single one, even if I had gotten the question right. I think to truly understand the rationale you need to either read it a few times or write it down. With writing the rationales, I found it took me about 4 hours to do 75 questions, I know that seems long and daunting but I actually ended up enjoying this method of studying! After I completed the initial 2092 questions, I went back and re-answered the questions I had gotten incorrect or marked, I found this super helpful as well.

I did my first assessment 1 month before my exam, and my second assessment 1 week before my exam, just to gauge where I was at. And you guessed it, I also wrote out the rationale for every question of the assessments hehe.

For any of my Ontario students, I found it hard to find people on this forum that were Canadian (and specifically from Ontario), I wrote on a Wednesday morning and received my results in the mail on the Monday, so about 6 days, but 4 business days (the LONGEST 6 days of my life).

I know my note here is super long, but honestly I was TERRIFIED for the NCLEX and I wanted to give some advice in here because if someone like me, who traditionally was not an amazing test taker can pass, so can you! My biggest piece of advice: take the time to study, I studied for about 6 hours a day..but also take time to enjoy life. I made sure that if I wanted to do something in the evening, I studied my butt off in the morning so I could go to whatever event it was. Obviously the NCLEX is a big deal, but missing out on important things to soley focus on studying isn't healthy. So go for ice cream, hang out with your family, go to the beach for a day, go to the gym (if you're one of those people...I chose ice cream over the gym, but to each their own ) because life is more than just passing the NCLEX (even if it doesn't feel like it now!)

8/12/2019 4:16:40 AM
Hi mam
I booked my Nclex exam that is on 9th october
M worrying about it as I am not getting enough score on u world.
Can you help me to find out the best possible option.

8/14/2019 9:25:47 AM
mmyo885071 wrote:
Hi all!

8/14/2019 9:27:28 AM
mmyo885071 wrote:
Hi all!

please kindly send me your rationale when you did qbank to uworld everday 😁 this is my email- [email protected]

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK