Passed nclex Rn second time !

8/11/2018 1:27:55 PM
Thank you Uworld !! I failed at my first try using Kaplan self paced review and qbank for 3mos and It didnt work on me and it was really frustrating . I admit that i just took it for granted and didnt focus so much on content thats why i failed . It was more on testing strategies with their short rationales on every question but not so much on content review . And also their videos were not that helpful coz it’s plain and boring . For my 2nd attempt, i scheduled the test right after i received my CPR . I watched and read a lot of good reviews of uworld online so i purchased 3mos subscription with 2 assessments so i still have a lot time to review and finish the whole qbank coz i dont wanna cram and stress myself just like what i did before in my kaplan . I also purchased Lacharity book Prioritization latest edition and just focus with two sources . For the first month , i did about 25qs daily of uworld and im averaging like 40s and ocassionally 30s if im tired . On my second month, im doing 50q a day with 1 chapter of lacharity with average of 40s and 50s . About half of uworld i did my first self assessment and i got a borderline chance of passing 56% . Then i did 75qs daily until i finished the other half of it with an ave of 50s and 60s already and ocassionally 70s . I retake about 600qs of incorrect ones with the average of 70s and 80s . And finished the whole chapters of lacharity without the case studies (60s 70s 80s) . A week before my exam , i focused on reading the rationales and notes from uworld and then did the 2nd self assessment 2days before the testing date and i got 68% Which is very high chance of passing with 63rd percentile. I felt so confident and relieved . A day before my exam , i stopped answering questions and just read the 35page guide . Then i took a break in the afternoon to get a massage and relax so i can sleep better that night . On the exam day , my test was scheduled at 1230pm so i still have time in the morning to browse and read some notes. I ate my breakfast and exercise a little bit to reduce my anxiety . I just read the heyrona notes online just the summarize of the important topics like Lab values , pharmacology safety precautions to memorize . Then i took my exam for exact 2 hours with 75questions only . Then i walked outside of the center with a smile on my face coz the questions were so easy and basic that im really sure i answered it correctly . Even though some of it were hard , i just did an educated guess , and just remembered my rationales and content from uworld And also lacharity prio book really helps . I got a lot of priority, SATAQs and drag and drop , 3 EKGs , no calculations . I did PVT trick after 4 hours and it gave me a good Pop Up!!! Then after two days of waiting, I purchased the 7$ quickresults at PV website then i Passed!!! Wooohooo . Thank you so much! I can enjoy my life now being an RN !!
edited by on 8/11/2018

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK