PVT after NCLEX

8/11/2018 4:14:52 PM
Hello RN's and future RN's!
The first time I took my NCLEX, I failed it. I had used strictly Kaplan and I gained nothing from it. I was the only one who did not pass the NCLEX on the first time, in my class.
Everyone used Kaplan and everyone was sold on it. That's why I ended up keeping it because all of my classmates are crazy smart, and the school endorses them... So away I went! Into a big fat fail. Not failure... Just a fail.
It was actually interesting because I had contacted Kaplan a week before taking the test and I had asked them what score I needed with Kaplan to ensure I would pass?
And she told me (I have the email as proof) that if I get above a 50% on the assessment test, I will be golden. She said that everyone who has gotten above a 50% PASSES the NCLEX.
I got a 59% on it, so I was at complete ease with Kaplan, and felt ready for the exam.
Exam day came and went, and it was excruciating to get my fail results.
I literally laid in bed all day and cried.

But after two days of struggling, I got up, and started researching new programs to help me study for the NCLEX. I found UWorld right off the bat, and I had NEVER heard of them before...
Wow, what a program! I am so grateful to have found and used them. These guys know what's up!
I went away from each exam with having learned so much through the rationales, and even learning how to tear a part the question and answer what they were asking.

Okay! So! I took my exam August 10, 2018 at 8:00am and my exam shut off at 130 questions.
I left the building crying and feeling super overwhelmed.
I got in my car and sat there waiting for the Pearson Vue email to come through.

***PVT trick: https://allnurses.com/nclex-discussion-forum/pearson-vue-trick-1112740.html?s=80c60f1d31dd8a4bcaf5e2ae7eb7845b

When I did the PVT trick, I got the good pop up! I waited another 2 hours, re-did it, and got the good pop up again. I did it several more times that night and received the good pop up.

I waited a little over 24 hours and did it AGAIN. Hahaha at this point... I believe I pass because I got the good pop-up again!

So, Lord willing, it works!
Any advice or encouragement I can get, would be much appreciated!
edited by on 8/11/2018

8/11/2018 6:10:53 PM
Thank you for putting up your story. I also files the NCLEX. I took it for the first time on August 8th 2018 and these last three days I have been crying and its been very hard for me. I strictly did Uworld and the mark klimek audio files and I thought I was prepared for it but it was extremely hard for me. And even then I left the building feeling like I had passed. My exam shut off at 75. And when I did the PVT trick it let me registered and then I got super devastated. I kep hoping that it was a false negative but I got the quick results only to confirm what I already knew which was that i failed. Moving forward I will continue using Uworld and having a stricter studying strategy. I won’t give up. I will keep taking this test until I pass it.

8/11/2018 8:52:06 PM
yhkn973034 wrote:
Thank you for putting up your story. I also files the NCLEX. I took it for the first time on August 8th 2018 and these last three days I have been crying and its been very hard for me. I strictly did Uworld and the mark klimek audio files and I thought I was prepared for it but it was extremely hard for me. And even then I left the building feeling like I had passed. My exam shut off at 75. And when I did the PVT trick it let me registered and then I got super devastated. I kep hoping that it was a false negative but I got the quick results only to confirm what I already knew which was that i failed. Moving forward I will continue using Uworld and having a stricter studying strategy. I won’t give up. I will keep taking this test until I pass it.

Hi! im really sorry you are going through but your attitude is in the right place by not giving up of course and sending you many positive vibes and energy your way!

I wanted to ask you.. did you do your 'self assessment' exams. Everyone swears by them and gives you a good idea of where you are when it comes to studying.

8/13/2018 2:08:59 PM
dxem874964 wrote:
yhkn973034 wrote:

Hi! im really sorry you are going through but your attitude is in the right place by not giving up of course and sending you many positive vibes and energy your way!

I wanted to ask you.. did you do your 'self assessment' exams. Everyone swears by them and gives you a good idea of where you are when it comes to studying.

Hi. I passed the assessment test with 60% and was in the 64th percentile with a “very high chance” of passing... so I though I was ready. I took the assesment 2 days before taking my NCLEX

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK