NCLEX 2019+PREP

6/12/2019 2:17:54 PM
May 21st-June 4th: I did 75 questions daily. I did section by section (ie. one day I did peds, OB, Psych, Prioritization, Med Surg-Respiratory, Med Surg-cardiac, etc). I used the TUTOR mode where you get the rationals right away. I would carefully take notes on these (wrote them down on paper and made some google documents where I typed the information) and made flashcards within UWORLD. I felt this was the best way to study (for me) because after I read the rational, I would get a question about the same topic later and be able to use what I had learned about from previous questions to help me answer the new question about the topic. It helped to reinforce the knowledge.

** Give yourself approximately 5-6 hours a day to complete these tests. Going through the rationals take forever but it's SO worth it. ******* You can break it up into 2 3-hour study sessions if you would like. Also, I would recommend doing this in a distraction free environment. I did not have my phone with me or any other tabs open so I could focus on just the information I was learning.

June 3rd-June 9th: At this point I had finished going through the individual sections (some of them, I would do 2x (depending on the amount of questions they had) if I was bad at it. I always made sure I left a fair amount of questions though so that I could do MIXED 75 question quizzes.

So that's what I from 6/3-6/9. I did 75-150 questions a day on the TIMED MODE (take it just like the real NCLEX). I found this helpful because I was so used to getting the rationales right after that it took me a few days to get used to just sitting through the questions and not knowing the answers right away. Also, do not use your phone, notes, eat, or stop during the time that you take the tests. Act like you're taking the NCLEX. When you finish the questions, go through the rationals. At this point, I still read through all the rationals but I didn't write down tons of stuff as I had seen most of this information before. On the rare questions about "minor" topics (ex. Sjögren's syndrome), I wrote down the basic patho/ MAJOR sign and symptoms and went on. I didn't worry about memorizing everything. Also, every other day, I went through my flashcards that I made on UWORLD. I only made flash cards on major topics (what I needed to study). This helped me a lot though.

I did the 2 assessments on June 3rd and June 8th. My scores were 76% and 78% (both very high chance of passing- 97th Percentile).

My UWORLD scores during my whole time studying ranged from 57% to 81%. Most of my scores were in the high 60's and low 70's. However, as I kept going through questions I got better scores/higher percentages. Some days at the end (closer to NCLEX I mean), I got a lower score (like low 60's). Don't worry. You were probably just distracted or something. Just go through the questions and review what you got wrong. Don't let it freak you out. My overall percentage when I finished UWORLD was 70%.

NCLEX: The NCLEX looks exactly the same as UWORLD (colors, exhibits, calculator).. It was comforting. While taking the test, I personally did NOT keep track of the amount SATA questions (That would freak me out). I had a fair amount of them though. About every other question was SATA. I had 3 drag and drop. No hot spots, audio, math, or anything like that. While I was taking the NCLEX, I pretended I was taking UWORLD. I just told myself to think through the question and to try to anticipate what the answer would be.

The test shut off at 75 and I was so happy because I felt that the test went well. I used a lot of knowledge from UWORLD that I learned to help me answer. I would say if you are doing well with UWORLD (above 60% I think is what UWORLD recommends) you will do great! Just pretend you're taking another UWORLD test and breathe. You can do it!!
edited by on 6/12/2019

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK