Passed in 75 Questions! My 28 day study plan

6/13/2019 10:10:48 AM
First of all, congratulations on getting through nursing school, that is an amazing accomplishment within itself! Now onto the NCLEX.

I took my exam a couple of days ago and just found out I passed! UWorld is honestly the best, most efficient tool I used to feel prepared for the exam. I took about 28 days to study for the exam. What I did was I did 100 questions a day and did them in random order. I did not go system by system as I wanted to mimic the NCLEX as best as I could while studying. When other students say that the scores you receive on the quizzes are not the most important thing for being successful, they are absolutely right. It really is looking over the rationales, both the right and the wrong ones as they provide great information that you can apply to future questions. My ranges were about 50-68 but I got as low as the 30s and as high as 70s. After reading the rationales for each quiz, I took notes on topics that I wasn't aware of or needed to reinforce in my mind and at the end of the day I would read over all the notes I took for the day.

Along with taking notes, I made flashcards for each day, so day 1 would be "NCLEX Day 1", "NCLEX Day 2" and so on, so I could keep my flash cards in order with the notes I took for that particular day. I only made flashcards with the images they provide and wrote something about them on the flip side that was most important and relevant to that particular image. So again, at the end of the day, I would look at my notes for the day along with my flashcards for the day.

After I completed all of the questions, I did every single question, I took 2 days to review all the flashcards I had made and all the notes I took to make sure I really knew the information. After those two days, I took the predictor exam (I only purchased the package with 1 predictor exam), to see where I was at and that was about a week before the exam. I got a "high" chance of passing getting I believe a 58. After that, I went back to the questions that I got wrong and did all of those to see if I had understood the rationales and if I got some questions wrong again, to make sure I understood what I didn't understand previously.

What I also did was create a table where I had all the lab values that UWorld went over so I studied those as well and it was better for me to have them all in one place!

Towards the last couple of days of studying before my exam, I had done all of the questions, reviewed my notes and flashcards, gone through all of the wrong questions and then started doing random questions for the next couple of days before the exam. The day before the exam I didn't do any studying which really gave me the time to decompress and relax my mind before going in.

I really wanted to make sure that I came on here to give a great review of UWorld and what I did to prepare for the exam because this truly is a wonderful tool, the rationales are awesome and are detailed enough to give good information but also quick enough where it gets to the point! All the images that they provided were detailed and were easy to picture in your head when they ask you questions. It is very user-friendly, and I think it is the most convenient way to prepare instead of using a physical book and using the app you can practice questions anywhere. I didn't personally use the app, but I hear it is really nice if you aren't at home. The main thing is, work hard, be dedicated, this month or couple months of studying are tough but it's such a small part of your career that I promise it is worth it and lastly believe in yourself! You have all gone through nursing school and have excelled and you can think of the exam as your last "final" if you will, but you will all do awesome and become amazing nurses! If anyone asks how to study for the NCLEX, you can't go wrong with UWorld!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK