passed in 75 questions with BORDERLINE SCORES

8/15/2019 1:58:24 PM
hi guys! i am really curious what are the determinants /factors involved in our pass rate! i visited allnurses.com which states by users that even if you have a borderline score you still have a good chance of passing NCLEX rn ! my scores were between 39% and 51% with Uworld!!!
I was nervous as hell to take my NCLEX with those results and also considering my highest score with kaplan was 61% yet I still passed in 75 questions. does anyone know if uworld actually follows up with users if they actually passed? the reason why i am curious is to know where they are basing their data off of when they give people borderline scores for chances of passing?. is it to scare people to continue using uworld, and keep practicing questions? even though it doesnt hurt to practice questions, i consistently see people who didnt do well with uworld still become registered nurses. well I am so happy to receive my results and become a nurse. Thank you UWORLD!

8/15/2019 2:45:37 PM
Do you mind If I ask what your scores on the 2 assessments were? How long did you Uworld for?

8/15/2019 2:51:41 PM
wmdl531622 wrote:
Do you mind If I ask what your scores on the 2 assessments were? How long did you Uworld for?

Hi i scored 39% and 51% as stated in the thread

8/15/2019 10:51:03 PM
How did you feel about your exam? and what are your best tips for it? Im taking mine in next week. I'm nervous. Thanks and congratulations to you!

8/15/2019 11:13:12 PM
I felt very nervous at first. It was nothing I could do about the nervousness though, so I knew I needed to figure out a way to overcome it. The best thing is to figure out a way to relieve the stress, because I have gotten advice from many nurses who took the NCLEX stating the reason why people fail is because of nerves, and not because they don't know the material. Graduating nursing school means you know the material. And I agree with what they said. A few days before the exam I was really feeling terrified so I just started crying, and then I just let it all out, and afterwards I felt much better and ready to tackle the NCLEX. The questions are pretty General but they are still new scenarios that you have never seen before. If you get confused read the question in a silent whisper to yourself again & again. Think abot the answer b4 anwering the question. They are going to ask you what you would do for the patient, what are ideal circumstances, outcomes, what is the priority, what is the safest thing to do, what interventions can you do to help the patient b4 alerting the MD? How can you keep the pt safe? These are things you already know, which I have been telling my classmates who are also preparing the NCLEX as well. Keep practicing uworld for a minimum of 75 questions at a time. I was practicing 180 questions at a time so that I could be prepared to do more than 75 questions on the NCLEX if necessary. What ended up happening was I took more time on each question at the NCLEX, took me about two and a half hours to do 75 questions. I figured I should take my time on each question and make sure that it's the best thing to do for the patient, rather than skipping a question and planning to go up to 265. So when the exam ended at my 75th question I was actually shocked, but also relieved that it was finally over. The first 2 hours flew by and i was happy that I didn't feel exhausted yet from the questions. Last tip I would add is to make sure you are reviewing every single question, even if you get it right because it tells you why the other answers were wrong even though you think you know the reason why you didn't select it . also take notes on anything that is unfamiliar, and go over it each day. Anything that still doesn't make sense, go on YouTube to get a video clarification which helps with memory. Good luck to you I hope that you just figure out a way to trust yourself because you can do it! Make sure that you stop studying the day before your NCLEX!

8/15/2019 11:41:03 PM
Thank you for spending time and making such a thorough explanation of your experience. I have read so many posts here and allnurses to see how people studied for their NCLEX. I figured out what have worked for me, and Uworld and Mark Klimek audios have helped me a-lot in reviewing the contents and building good strategies for answering the NCLEX questions. I have been answering 75 questions sometime more everyday. I planed to take my 2nd assessment this Sunday and hopefully it will be better then the first assessment (49%). I know that there is the sea of knowledge and I'm not able to absorb all of it, but everything starts from basics. That's what I have been following on. What most important to almost everybody who took the NCLEX were to keep going and praying because this also helps relieve the stress before and during the NCLEX. And once again, congratulations and best of luck to you in your new RN job!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK