Failed Twice, and Please Please Please help me.

8/18/2019 7:02:52 PM
Hello, Everyone. (sobbing, crying, cursing and shouting!)

I failed my NCLEX yesterday at 265 questions. And that was my second attempt. I am so frustrated and want to give up. But I love nursing so much I feel like I have gone this far, getting decent grades in nursing school, survived nursing school, I just feel like this is part of my life.

Here is my journey of taking NCLEX twice so far.

First attempt: It was back in 6/13/2019 8am. Because I graduated in mid MAY. I used "PrepU", which is provided by my school and free. it has 10,000 questions. I started doing PrepU around march and I hit 10,000 before I took my first try. During the actual NCLEX, I was clueless. not lying, those 10,000 meant nothing, the content on PrepU was just so broad. LIKE OMG, I didn't know anything and I was guessing through and eliminating through a lot. I stopped at 106. Two days later I found out I failed.

Second attempt: It was yesterday 8/17/2019 8am. I purchased Uworld. I studied rationales, took notes, Finished the Qback, did my two assessments they were both "high passing". And yesterday, while I was taking my actual NCLEX, I honestly felt like "easy", just the content base. The first 40 questions were so easy to me, and content were so familiar to Uworld. So I thought I was gonna pass at 75, BUT It never stopped at 75, then I kept going and taking deep breath and kept going and taking deep breath, then I hit 250, then I kept going, i lost my mind, I finished all 265. I did the Pearson trick and they charged me $200 so I knew I failed again. I cried so hard to my closest professor, my friend, I just never felt like such failure , loser, useless and depressed. I dedicated my summer to try to overcome this beast test. I am not gonna lie, I took almost a whole notebook of notes and go over those note every day and night while I was practicing on Qbank.

I know it's a long message, But really need your future intelligent nurses' help. I don't know how , where went wrong, I really felt like I knew my stuff this time during NCLEX but ended up failing. I don't wanna give up yet, but so afraid of failing again on my third try.

This time, I will give myself 60 days of preparation instead of 50 days. I bought Lacharity this time as well $18. I want to believe in Uworld, So please help me understand what I did wrong, I want to stick to Uworld, but there must be something I was not doing right. Should I buy a brand new Uworld or just renew? sigh. Please Please help me future nurses. I will appreciate your intelligence and help much!

Please reply here, or email me at "[email protected]" or text me at 785-505-0832 my name is Shuai (Shu-I). I am desperate, frustrated, I would appreciate any help, any prayer, any positive thoughts, any hope, I DO NOT want to give up YET. Thanks a lot. And Third try here I come.
edited by on 8/18/2019
edited by on 8/20/2019
edited by on 8/20/2019

8/19/2019 2:49:57 PM
Hi,

Here’s my story. I graduated March 2009 (i know im too old haha) but never got the chance to practice my profession as a nurse in the hospital. Fast forward to 2017, I got my first job as a bedside nurse in a decent hospital and applied thru an agency for my american dream (Yes, am an Asian). So this agency used Lippincott Passpoint and I try to understand all the questions and rationales behind it. I took my first exam last February 2019 and stopped at 195. I tried the PVT and got the bad pop-up. Unfortunately, I failed the exam and felt devastated.

On my second attempt, I am still with my agency and I used Lippincott passpoint again. I read all my correct and incorrect answers and used it together with Mark Klimek audios. I tested last July 2019 and stopped at 75. Yes 75, so I felt confident because I kniw in my heart how hard I studied for this exam. After 2 hours, I tried PVT and got a bad pop-up. It’s like killing me alive. After 2 days, I purchased quick results and saw the fail status. It’s really devastating.

So, this time I decided not to give up and prove to myself that I can do this on my third and last attempt. I want it to be my last. I purchased uworld for 2months with 1 assessment and started to review on July10. I scheduled my exam today, August 19. Again, I stopped at 75 but felt more confident while answering questions.

I just tried the PVT now and voila!!! Got the good pop-up. Im still waiting for the quick results to be availake to make it official. I hope this helps you not to give up.
It doesn’t matter how many times you take the exam as long as you have the passion and desire to pass, you will!!! Believe in yourself.

8/19/2019 8:02:04 PM
Thank you so so much for your message. I will not give up anymore. Next time I feel down or wanna give up again I will remember you. Thank you for your great support! Third try Here I come!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK