Six times with no success

6/28/2018 10:27:23 AM
I am about to give up, i took nclex-pn 6 times no success, i feel so discouraged and i am afraid to buy more exams, spend to much money already.

7/1/2018 4:48:41 PM
hung356332 wrote:
I am about to give up, i took nclex-pn 6 times no success, i feel so discouraged and i am afraid to buy more exams, spend to much money already.

Did you use U-World prior to any of those exams?

7/8/2018 10:05:42 PM
Hi there,did you use U-world? Are you reading rationals? Sorry this is going to be a long post andI am not sure if it will help you in any way but here is my experience.
I graduated from nursing school 5 years ago. I had a good job. I was foolish because I never took my NCLEX. I wish I had but didn't. I am also a terrible terrible test taker. I have anxiety issues. All these years go by and now i am feeling bad because I see my nursing school friends doing a lot better than I am. I could have been way ahead in my career to but I didn't even try. Anyhow, I felt it was time for a change and applied to get my ATT. It took few months since the school I got my diploma from has closed but I was able to get and register for NCLEX. I had heard great things about U-world from my boss so I took the subscription. I also did few videos on Registerdnursern. I was getting 30% with u-world but after a week of about 200 to 300 questions I was getting 50%. I read all the rationals even if I got the question right.
I took my NCLEX earlier this week. Even though I did not study as much as I should have I just wanted to take it. Even if I failed I would have gotten over whatever fear I have about it. As I went into the testing center I had a lot of anxiety and all I thought I knew went out the door. I couldn't remember a single thing. I kept telling myself to relax during exam. Especially during the first 20 questions. I took about 50 minutes to answer the first 20 questions. I did not rush. I had to reread the question 5 to 8 times because I couldn't make sense of it. I thought I was doomed. I took the first break the computer prompted me to. It took me 4 hours and 45 minutes to answer 105 question before the system shut me out. I thought i had failed. After i got out I could not remember a single question I had seen just 10 minutes ago. I could feel my heart pounding. I kept checking breeze because I didn't know what else to do. After 45 hours of testing breeze gave me an option to pay for my license. I could not have been happier. I have always read that BVNPT takes forever to get back to you so I was shocked to see that it let me pay. I still have not gotten my official letter from breeze but my license is up. Its been 5 days since my exam. U-world did a great job at preparing me for the exam. The rationals were very good. Registernursern helped me a great deal as well.
I don't think I would have passed if I did not keep my cool during the exam.I did not think about if the questions is harder than the last one or easier because I know I would get more anxious. I just focused on the question in front of me. I kept reminding myself to breath and relax and to clear my head of any fear. Just focus on the question and what it is asking me. I did know the exact answer to any of the questions. I had to eliminate two and take a best guess. Now I don't know you but maybe you have the same problem as me. Maybe you are just very anxious and can't focus.
I would say keep your cool and keep going. If you fail this time try try and try again because you will succeed! I wish you best of luck! You can do it you just need practice. Don't try to read textbook because you will be lost. Just do questions and read rationals

7/14/2018 10:40:22 PM
I did buy Uworld once but i was not focus on taking my exam at that time. I will give it a good try this time a least two months to focus, study and practice because english is my second language.

Thanking for taking your precious time to answer me and share your experience with me. I really appreciate it.
edited by on 7/14/2018
edited by on 7/14/2018

7/21/2018 7:18:57 AM
I can feel your frustration. Please do not give up on your dream. You only need somebody that can guide you to the right path and I can help you.

Problem
Students focus more on getting the right answers on the Qbank than emphasizing on the rationale. I’m a international physician. I took all my USMLE and I used uworld for all of them and I can say it s the best Qbank.

Point :

I have been working with RN/LPN with different universities especially those who failed multiple times and I can say they see things different now.
I have a RN/LPN review in Queens. Please call me at 203 556 5529. We can work it out. I can guide you, set up a program for you, show you how to approach your test differently. Your life will change after you talk to me and follow my advise and guidance.

7/21/2018 12:47:52 PM
Thank you Dr Francois, I really appreciate your time.
I am living in Massachusetts, I am willing to take it again. I will be so grateful if you show me a method that I can use.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK