Very worried about upcoming Step 1

6/24/2014 8:05:01 PM
I am scheduled to take my step 1 in about 3 days...I took NBME 7 today as my last NBME and got 380(which converts to 202). This came as a shock for me because just last 4 days before this I took NBME 15 and got 510(converted to 230). I looked at what I did wrong, and it seems many of them could have been avoided if I had calmed down, read thoroughly, and not second-guessed myself. I felt much more relaxed during the NBME 15 and didn't make these mistakes.

I am at a panicked loss as to what to do. I just want somewhere in the 210s and 220s but today's NBME really shook me. I have been getting around 60~70% correct in UWorld blocks lately. However, these never really translated to my NBMEs. I would appreciate if someone could give me advice on what I should do.

6/25/2014 11:47:52 AM
hiii i think u should give nbme 16 .. its the latest and is very predictable .....plus u can compare ur performance and decide how to proceed .... going to exam in a mode of lack of confidence will definately make u make silly mistakes ....
so its better to give nbme 16 and see how u scored in tht.....plus if u dont want to postpone the exam then u should not think about nbme score at all .......coz these scores sometime fluctute and they are just a general view .......as a whole be confident no matter waat

6/25/2014 11:47:55 AM
hiii i think u should give nbme 16 .. its the latest and is very predictable .....plus u can compare ur performance and decide how to proceed .... going to exam in a mode of lack of confidence will definately make u make silly mistakes ....
so its better to give nbme 16 and see how u scored in tht.....plus if u dont want to postpone the exam then u should not think about nbme score at all .......coz these scores sometime fluctute and they are just a general view .......as a whole be confident no matter waat

6/25/2014 12:28:26 PM
saish wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I did take the NBME16 and got about 190. However, this was about a month out from my exam.

6/25/2014 12:32:59 PM
did u took UWSA

6/25/2014 12:33:39 PM
saish wrote:
did u took UWSA

I have not. I just did the blocks.

6/25/2014 12:37:01 PM
ok ...... is thr any nbme left ....take that .. plus u can take uwsa
... it overestimate by 10 to 20 marks but good to do

6/25/2014 12:38:50 PM
saish wrote:
ok ...... is thr any nbme left ....take that .. plus u can take uwsa
... it overestimate by 10 to 20 marks but good to do

I see. Thank you. I had some NBME blocks left that I've been doing after that horrible NBME 7. I've been getting around 60~70% on each block. I don't know what is going on.

I am not sure whether I should do the UWSA. Kind of afraid I may screw that up and REALLY kill my confidence. Pondering between doing UWSA and spending that time reviewing my notes. Any advice?

6/25/2014 1:08:58 PM
confidence is everything ... so work for it n not against it ......just revise the topics which u found had reduced ur score .... revise them again n again will make u strong ...........nbme is to help us to know how far we have reached and not to loose confidence ......at the end u have to be confident no matter wat .................so instead of getting confused just check which topics u r weak in and revise it as much as possible ....

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK