Help!low score on step 1,got myself in trouble

7/10/2014 2:01:12 AM
I got a really low score on step1, and now I got myself into trouble. I did step 1 on June, and I didn't do well, as a master of fact, I did horrible. I only got 121, and those preparing days was a nightmare, I threw up on the test day feeling sick, and I couldn't get my act together, I knew I couldn't pass, but I didn't know I was going to get myself in trouble.
I got a letter from usmle program manager and I need to respond to them about why I got this kind of score. I'm freaking out now, my family don't know yet, and I'm scared that the usmle program will punish me and forbid me for taking this test again, I really need a second chance, I can't let my family down by letting them know that I might be banned from taking the test. I worked hard since I finished on June,knowing that I would definitely need to take step 1again. What should I do now, how should I respond to them. I'm really scared. Please give me some advice, any advice would do. Please.
This is part of the letter. What should I do? Please help me. I don't know who else I can talk to, it's almost desperate.
4. An examinee who has exhibited an anomalous performance may be advised in writing of concerns regarding readiness to test and/or motivation or intent to pass. Such examinees will be given an opportunity to provide documentation of events or circumstances that might explain their anomalous performance, and/or may be notified that an anomalous performance on a subsequent Step or Step component may result in the imposition of conditions as further described in paragraph 5 below. 5. When an anomalous performance is identified and is not attributable to an administrative or technical problem beyond the control of the examinee or otherwise explained satisfactorily, a group of staff from the NBME, FSMB and ECFMG as appropriate will review the available information and may impose conditions upon future testing by the involved examinee. Such conditions may include a suspension of access to the involved Step or Step component, or any other Step or Step component, for a fixed period; and/or special requirements in connection with future test administrations, e.g., testing at a particular location, completion of a practice test or tutorial before testing, or submission by a state licensing authority, having been informed of the anomalous performance, of a request that the individual be permitted to test. 6. Following its review, the staff will notify the examinee whether any conditions or limitations have been imposed on his or her future testing. The notice may also inform the examinee that a subsequent anomalous performance on the applicable Step or Step component may result in the imposition of conditions as described in paragraph 5 above. 7. The involved examinee may request reconsideration of a suspension of access or imposition of conditions on future testing. The reconsideration request will be decided by the USMLE Committee for Individualized Review (CIR). A request for such reconsideration must be received within 30 days from the date on which the notification advising the examinee of the conditions or limitations was sent to the examinee. The examinee may submit additional written materials for the consideration of the CIR. Following its review of the relevant information, the CIR may: (a) allow the suspension of access and/or conditions upon future testing imposed by the staff group to stand; or (b) may alter or remove one or more of the conditions imposed by the staff group and/or may change the time period or terms of a suspension of access imposed by the staff group. The decision of the CIR is final.

12/13/2017 1:25:54 AM
Hi there I just saw this post from 3 years ago. So if you don't mind me asking what ended up happening? Did they cancel your 1st attempt, give you probation, what? Also, can you tell me where they wanted you to send your reply to?

Thanks
edited by on 12/13/2017

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK