is goljan an absolute requirement

7/14/2014 5:34:11 AM
I m studying for step1 .done with 40 percent of my uworld.I feel okay wih patho after doing kaplan +uw+fa.however I havemt even touched goljan.is it absolutely required to ace this exam?also I m supposed to give my exam in oct.wil it be possible to finish goljan by then .what should I do.

7/14/2014 1:02:45 PM
No, It is not. I would honestly go with pathoma. Much shorter to get through. You don't even need to read the book that comes with the program. 90% of the material is in his videos. I used it instead of goljan and did well in pathology. Goljan is just too long and its hard to retain. Pathoma really teaches you what you ned to know in a concise form that you can remember.

7/15/2014 6:45:17 AM
Thank you.
well I m doing kaplan notes uw fa.and now pathoma too.personally i feel ok after i m done wd this regime on a topic.bt since I m having no videos , makes me apprehensive! Will it still be okay?
edited by on 7/15/2014

7/30/2014 4:55:08 PM
i was also feeling the same after doing kaplan's pathology review. i shifted to pathoma, and i have to say its much better and very easy to understand and retain. u can find the videos on the internet, but i have to warn u it is illegal, as its on torrent sites. if you have no problem with that, u can download them, because only book is not enough, alot of stuff in in the videos.

10/13/2014 5:22:13 PM
Candid18 wrote:
Thank you.
well I m doing kaplan notes uw fa.and now pathoma too.personally i feel ok after i m done wd this regime on a topic.bt since I m having no videos , makes me apprehensive! Will it still be okay?
edited by on 7/15/2014

try google for vids

10/14/2014 5:32:32 AM
Candid18 wrote:
I m studying for step1 .done with 40 percent of my uworld.I feel okay wih patho after doing kaplan +uw+fa.however I havemt even touched goljan.is it absolutely required to ace this exam?also I m supposed to give my exam in oct.wil it be possible to finish goljan by then .what should I do.

Hello there, I didn't take the exam yet, but I finished my Patho from Goljan

Anyone who just began studying, I WOULD ALWAYS recommend Goljan

YET

In your case, you are just way ahead, way beyond needing it

In my simple opinion, you don't need Goljan in your specific situation

Good Luck

Note: pls reply to this too all https://www.uworld.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=20881

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK