Low Step 1 score

7/15/2014 4:36:16 PM
Could only manage a 214 on step 1 ( Mean of 228 with a SD of 21). What are the realistic chances of matching into IM/peds? Or should I look to other specialties. Or forget about it altogether. ( Fresh Graduate still to give CK )
All the opinions will be much appreciated.
Also can someone please tell me what would be the two-digit score equivalent for 214.
Thank you.

7/15/2014 10:35:45 PM
JS89 wrote:
Could only manage a 214 on step 1 ( Mean of 228 with a SD of 21). What are the realistic chances of matching into IM/peds? Or should I look to other specialties. Or forget about it altogether. ( Fresh Graduate still to give CK )
All the opinions will be much appreciated.
Also can someone please tell me what would be the two-digit score equivalent for 214.
Thank you.

first congrats and remember alot of people stack with step 1 forever
your score is not bad at all just get more than 230 in step 2 and u will be fine with passing cs from first trail
work hard man there is around 50% chance to get into internal medicine
good luck
Riyadh

7/16/2014 2:38:04 AM
Thank you Riyadh for your reply.
Do you think I should try to give CK by Aug this year and apply late by Sep end or should I take more time and apply next year? I am halfway through my CK prep.
( Keeping in mind that it might get more difficult next year for IMGs to match. )
Thanks once again.

8/26/2014 3:28:56 PM
Riyadh, are you tutoring for step3?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK