importance of LORs, USCE and clerk/obeserverships.

9/3/2014 3:13:08 AM
i am an IMG.

i understand that for competitive residencies like dermatology, radiology etc other things like LORs, USCE and clerk/obeserverships than just the usmle scores are highly needed.

but lets say i can get 250+ score in steps. do i still need LORs, USCE and clerk/obeserverships for INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY in USA?

the reasons to why i am not able to do other things except usmle are economical. what i can do is get the highest score in usmle steps. so is it possible to get IM residency in usa solely based on usmle scores?

kindly share your knowledge.
edited by royalmedicus on 9/3/2014

9/25/2014 4:20:08 PM
Is anyone willing to pay for American Clinical/ hospital experience? I know we all try to get it for free, but what do you think is a fair price? I found an American hospital that allows you to get experience in chicago, but they want $500/week for an 8 week rotation. Is this a fair price? I mean that's $4000 usd, but you get a letter of recommendation from a US doctor and you get clinical experience in Chicago...what do you all think?

9/25/2014 4:20:55 PM
of course you need LORs bro. you can't get into residency without LORs even if you get 270.
they want to see that you are more than a good score. they want a US doctor to explain why they should take you.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK