Negative marking

1/15/2015 12:14:02 PM
Hi everyone
I was wondering how is the step 1 exam standardized? How do they they make it equal for everyone? I know there isn't any negative marking but there has to be something else ? Eg if in one exam someone only had 20 questions of pharma and was good at it and all were correct but in another paper, another student had only 5 pharma questions and they were correct...how do they measure these two cases score?
If anyone can give me an idea..just wanted to know? Because even if we leave the questions marked and they drop our overall score whats the point of attempting it .

1/15/2015 5:26:18 PM
drfarhanali30 wrote:
Hi everyone
I was wondering how is the step 1 exam standardized? How do they they make it equal for everyone? I know there isn't any negative marking but there has to be something else ? Eg if in one exam someone only had 20 questions of pharma and was good at it and all were correct but in another paper, another student had only 5 pharma questions and they were correct...how do they measure these two cases score?
If anyone can give me an idea..just wanted to know? Because even if we leave the questions marked and they drop our overall score whats the point of attempting it .

I thought it would be unfair for me to just read your question without saying something like most people do here...but I reckon since it is a test based on percentiles, they grade you RELATIVE to the performance of other students.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK