I need an honest advice

2/26/2015 3:58:13 PM
Hi everyone !
I am an IMG year of graduation 2010.I have taken step 1 twice and failed ...At this moment I feel like my dream is over and I am very disappointed because I wasn't an low grade student ...but here in USA a lot of things are going on in my life maybe that is the reason...I have read some articles where it is said that after 2015 it will be almost impossible for IMG to match because the number of US graduates is higher now...so you have to be very competitive...What do you think should I try again or I should consider another career ?Do you have any information what other medical careers can an IMG pursue here in USA? Please i really need an opinion from you because friends and family always tell you to do it but only those how are inside this process know better ...Thank you!

3/5/2015 12:56:03 PM
I am also an IMG and have heard MANY different stories. My advice is NEVER GIVE UP! there will always be an option for you in this country , someone will always want you ,people just don't want to get out of their comfort zone sometimes. You have to be willing to apply for residency anywhere in the country. But trust me , you are young and that matters. I would not give up if I were you. Best of luck!!

3/6/2015 2:11:21 PM
Don't give up your dreams of becoming a doctor. My neighbor who is a Physician today failed once and still kept her dreams alive. Its ok to fail and that does not mean you don't know your content area. You need to practice at test taking strategies and focus more on valuable resources that would help you succeed. I'm preparing for my exams now and I must say its a challenge when you are under prepared especially with other things going on around us. The key is to stay focus and don't loose site of your dreams
I wish you all the best

3/17/2015 12:25:30 PM
DO NOT GIVE UP. I have a friend who went to the Caribbean. He failed Step 1 two times and passed on his 3rd try. Then he failed Step 2 written once and passed on his 2nd try. He didn't match for 2 years but then got IM in New York. There is always a way. Just keep going and be willing to apply in any field all over the country. Maybe do some research at a hospital and talk to the higher ups and show and prove that you are a hard worker. You never know, they could vouch for you when you apply for residency at their program. Good luck.

Ps. He didn't score very high on either of the exams, only in the early 200s. NEVER GIVE UP.
edited by on 3/17/2015

4/8/2015 4:26:30 PM
i took step 1 march of this year scored 191 failed I don't know what to doo I feel so lost please any advise

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK