Need help

3/5/2015 12:42:20 PM
Hi people,
I am an IMG and started studying for Step 1 in 01/2013. I work as a Medical assistant and some days I can only manage to study 3-4 hours a day , however I use my weekends and manage to study 14 hours both saturday and sunday. I finished Kaplan QBank and my score was 68% , I started UW 2 weeks ago and have been getting 60-80% (I have only managed to complete 8 exams because I am taking long revising the answers).I keep doubting myself because I forget iformation that I knew by heart!!(but then again genetics for example I have not reviewed in a while). I think what has helped me most is linking the chapters from the organ systems and whenever I read about two related diseases I review them both. I took NBME 7 2 weeks ago and scored 390/206...I plan on taking Step 1 in May and I REALLY need to improve my score. I have to keep working until april but I have May off...I still have to complete 87% of UW but I plan on doing it twice in these three months. Does anyone have any other advice?
I also forgot to mention that I have gone through FA and Pathoma several times...have not read them as full books , just whenever I review certain systems.

Thank You
edited by on 3/5/2015

3/18/2015 1:17:25 PM
Hi everyone , I just took NBME 11 this weekend and scored 430/213 which made me feel better because I had scored 390/206 on NBME 7 two weeks ago. I habe completed 30% of UW and my scores range from 70-80% random blocks...I plan on examining towards the end of may. Does anyone know what the best NBME's to take are from here until the date of my exam?
Thank You

3/25/2015 3:46:11 PM
Hi everyone, so I plan on taking NBME 12 this weekend...any other suggestion? I need to be ready by may, do you think I am doing well?
Thank You

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK