I Just took the step 1 yesterday.this is my experience

8/27/2015 10:45:49 AM
Now Im feeling very bad about my results,I'm not sure that I pass. I read first aid 4 times,uworld mcq only one time without reviewing wrong answers,Kaplan lectures and Najee's all of them,BRS series only high yeald topics especially in physiology ,and Konrad fisher ethics.total mcq I did is about 6000. Last nbme17 -seven days ago was 241. Uwsa 6 wks out was 252. The exam had many ethics biostatistics and behavioral science questions ,I had more than 15 stupid mistakes only because of nervousness and pressure .i completed each block at the last second.(at my self assesment (always timed) I always had extra 10 minutes.)for example,there was question about RB gen and I answer that it block g0->g1 instead of g1->s . Question about levodopa location of effect ,I answered striatum instead of substantia nigra. The exam had many unanswerable questions,Mach more than I was expected.especialy in statistics and pharma. nbme /uwsa very rarely I saw that type of questions .if one of you ladies and gentelman had a similar experience about feeling bad after exam/have any advice,write to me.i will post my results and conclusions ASAP.

8/27/2015 1:38:38 PM
what do you mean exactly? I think you will have a great score based on your nbme score. But do you think you would have done better if you had done uworld qbank multiple times? Are the questions very long? What would be your advice, things you think the ones who will be taken the test soon should do?
edited by on 8/27/2015

8/27/2015 2:29:51 PM
To freudyp1 . I don't think doing uworld more than one time will add a lot to your knowledge .it better to do other q banks as Mach as possible .i do believe that the most important thing to do other than first aid is qbanks.but the actual exam questions tend to be long with so time many useless details ,that can make you drowsy and less attentive toward the next upcoming question ,like they describe you a PT with many detail HR and BP and temperature etc and let you understand that PT has M3 AML and asking for imatinib MoA (TK inhibitor).so from the second block to the end of the exam I was starting reading from the last sentence and was looking at the answer choice befor reading the question.somtime it helped,but many times it didn't .now,when I'm looking back from my memory about the questions and what I was answered,I really feel bad and nervous because I had som really stupid mistakes because of my pressure ,mistakes that I really cannot explain to myself why I answered that way.i didn't took any sleeping pill night befor exam and I never used any stimulant like methylfenidat. I wait to my resolt and I will give you Mach better advice because I really don't know what it will be.i hope for good.

8/27/2015 3:06:15 PM
Thank you so much for the advice. Also remember, not remembering simple stuff happens to ALL OF US, for reasons we will probably never know, specially when you did the right things. The times has come for you to relax and not thinking about the result which I think will be a great one. Your hard work will be rewarded.
F

8/27/2015 4:27:58 PM
shterenbach wrote:
Now Im feeling very bad about my results,I'm not sure that I pass. I read first aid 4 times,uworld mcq only one time without reviewing wrong answers,Kaplan lectures and Najee's all of them,BRS series only high yeald topics especially in physiology ,and Konrad fisher ethics.total mcq I did is about 6000. Last nbme17 -seven days ago was 241. Uwsa 6 wks out was 252. The exam had many ethics biostatistics and behavioral science questions ,I had more than 15 stupid mistakes only because of nervousness and pressure .i completed each block at the last second.(at my self assesment (always timed) I always had extra 10 minutes.)for example,there was question about RB gen and I answer that it block g0->g1 instead of g1->s . Question about levodopa location of effect ,I answered striatum instead of substantia nigra. The exam had many unanswerable questions,Mach more than I was expected.especialy in statistics and pharma. nbme /uwsa very rarely I saw that type of questions .if one of you ladies and gentelman had a similar experience about feeling bad after exam/have any advice,write to me.i will post my results and conclusions ASAP.

8/27/2015 4:30:08 PM
Absolutely .thank you for your kind words.i wish you good luck in your exam

9/1/2015 12:20:29 AM
hii shterenbach....when did u take your exam....i took it on aug 18th...damn nervous waiting for my results....after my exam...i was like yeah im okk....but from the next day onwards i get to remember the silly mistakes that i've did......im in the same situation as ur now....i had some wierd ques like 2 ques on insurances never heard off...and one on calculation of burns %....overall i felt anatomy physiology ethics biostats were wierd....yeah the time factor too...even i had only 1min or 55secs after completing all the ques in a block.....reallyyyyyyyyy tensed up...dunno how the score turns out to be....Whaaaaa?...
edited by on 9/1/2015

9/1/2015 4:08:38 PM
Hi Baluravella, what are you referring to by "calculation of burn %" is that in biochem, nutrition???
F

9/2/2015 8:16:47 AM
Hellow baluravella .thanx for sharing with me your fillings.its good to know that I'm not alone on the boat.. I did the step at aug 25 .i can tell you that even now,more than a week later ,I'm in so Mach pressure,I should start reading for the CK exam,but I really can't.i have nightmares that I didn't even pass ( actually more like night terrors of stage 4 deep delta sleep) and it becouse I know personally a student that unfortunately for him got score lower not less than 30 points(!) from his last nbme. I don't think I'm the person to ask for advice how to relax after the step because I probably will tens you even more.i also had question that I think was more like step 2 question, I also had a question about burning that describe a young girl that try to get tan at the beach and came to the office dehydrated and with very painful deep red skin covering most of her body but WITHOUT blisters. The question asked what is the degree of burning 1st 2nd or 3rd...... I was answering 2nd degree.imidiatly after I left the prometric center I remembered that blister appear only from stag 2 never on stage one................ So you can imagine yourself how I felt..anyway I know it's hard but I'm trying to relax as Mach as I can and I notice that by looking back and look at my correct answers it can improve my feelings a bit.i wish you good luck and of course very good and satisfactory results for both of us

9/2/2015 1:20:46 PM
shterenbach wrote:

9/2/2015 1:34:27 PM
I hope you pass the step 1, just relax and tray to distract your self. Start to study for step 2 is a good and positive idea!

9/16/2015 10:08:31 AM
i just got my score via ecfmg : 239 (: (: thanks everyone .

9/16/2015 10:17:00 AM
Hey Shterenbach,

Congratulations on your great score acheivement, and now on to Step 2

You are welcome,

Ezinne

9/23/2015 8:12:37 PM
shterenbach wrote:

Congrats Shterenbach!!!
Thats amazing!

10/31/2015 11:04:46 PM
PrAr89016228 wrote:
shterenbach wrote:

Congrats Shterenbach!!!
Thats amazing!

Congrats on your score. Im preparing for step1 too. How long did you prepare?

10/31/2015 11:22:46 PM
Congratulations! That's greatttt!!!! Any advice or suggestions for step 1 prep?

shterenbach wrote:

11/1/2015 12:34:58 PM
Hi congrats on your nice score.

How are the questions on main exam when compared to uworld

11/16/2015 10:09:08 PM
Lol.congrats

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK