Just started doing uworld. Need Suggetions.

10/19/2015 10:05:34 PM
Hello everyone, i just started doing uworld and trying to find how to use it efficiently? Please share your experience/suggestion.Drink

10/20/2015 9:20:16 AM
I've already passed step 2 ck, so this is my experience with uw. Uw is a great learning tool, don't take it for granted. Start it early and go topic by topic along with what you study. You'll run in a lot of questions that you won't find in your lecture notes, so read all the explanations- the ones that you answer both- right and wrong. Take notes. It's a lot of work but absolutely worth it. As you'll get closer to exam start paying more attention to speed (though I always used standard timed mode). The real exam had much longer questions than uw or SA tests, so be ready that it will be challenging no matter how well you'll feel prepared. I hope you find this helpful, good luck!

10/20/2015 9:34:03 AM
cxr7 wrote:
gata wrote:
I've already passed step 2 ck, so this is my experience with uw. Uw is a great learning tool, don't take it for granted. Start it early and go topic by topic along with what you study. You'll run in a lot of questions that you won't find in your lecture notes, so read all the explanations- the ones that you answer both- right and wrong. Take notes. It's a lot of work but absolutely worth it. As you'll get closer to exam start paying more attention to speed (though I always used standard timed mode). The real exam had much longer questions than uw or SA tests, so be ready that it will be challenging no matter how well you'll feel prepared. I hope you find this helpful, good luck!

Thank you very much. i started doing it in tutorial mode and you wont believe, i can do only 10question/day. I am way too slow. How can i go through uworld fast? However during doing questions i can not recall what i read in Kaplan books. Do you have any suggestions for this?

10/20/2015 10:03:08 AM
I'm not the fastest student on planet, either. When I was going through Kaplan first time, I did the questions not that thoroughly- more like a quick going through like a block of 44/ a day on a standard pace. When you just start, the amount of info is overwhelming. But don't freak out- as you'll be going second time, this is the time to get really thorough and most of info will be already "seen". As you'll be going third time- you'll feel very comfortable with it. I have a problem with Kaplan notes, though... I hated them. It's such a mess for me there... I read Kaplan only once and then used step Up to step 2- it's very organized and schematic material. I also watched DIT lectures (I'm an IMG). I haven't decided about kaplan for step 1 but I know that it's really confusing for me and I find it very difficult to study it...

10/20/2015 7:14:32 PM
gata wrote:
I'm not the fastest student on planet, either. When I was going through Kaplan first time, I did the questions not that thoroughly- more like a quick going through like a block of 44/ a day on a standard pace. When you just start, the amount of info is overwhelming. But don't freak out- as you'll be going second time, this is the time to get really thorough and most of info will be already "seen". As you'll be going third time- you'll feel very comfortable with it. I have a problem with Kaplan notes, though... I hated them. It's such a mess for me there... I read Kaplan only once and then used step Up to step 2- it's very organized and schematic material. I also watched DIT lectures (I'm an IMG). I haven't decided about kaplan for step 1 but I know that it's really confusing for me and I find it very difficult to study it...

Again thank you.

10/20/2015 7:15:28 PM
i agree

10/20/2015 9:53:35 PM
gata wrote:

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK