My step 1 experience (score: 243)

4/27/2016 1:17:53 PM
I am an IMG and I am writing to share my step 1 experience with you.
I started studying from Feb 2015 after defending my Ph.D. I started with First Aid and it took me 7 months to finish the first round of reading! In that period of time, I had a lot going on in my personal life. It was in Sep 2015 that I came to know Dr. Mohammad Taher who is a trainer on step 1. I started a group online course with him that last almost 3 months and he thought and summarized the first aid during this period of time. This course helped me not only get familiarized with the main concepts but also it helped me to manage my time and speed up my studying. While taking his online sessions I was able to go over FA four times by the end of Jan 2016. I took my exam on Feb 2016.
I started Uworld questions in August 2015 and I was able to finish it once and go over the marked questions (about 1500 Qs) once before my exam.
I studied 100 cases of Conrad Fisher and Uworld biostatistics in Dec 2015.

NBME 15: 241, Feb 10
NBME 17: 236, Jan 24
Uworld self-assessment 1: 245 , Feb 17

My score on Feb 24, 2016: 243

5/24/2016 4:59:19 PM
Big congratulations Noomi!
How much is the price of Dr. Mohameed course?
In addition, where did you study patient safety questions?
You said you studied Conrad Fisher, Is it for Biostat or what? how can i get it?
Do you mean Uworld biostatistics is a separate question package or book?
Thank you in advance.

Best of luck in your next steps Big Grin

7/17/2016 2:12:50 AM
Dr Noomi
Can you give more details about Dr Mohammed class? About the teaching style and format. My Aim is to get above 245. I am seriously looking for a good guidance.

7/17/2016 7:32:26 PM
Any one who knows about a good tutor or instructor please help. How good is Dr Mohammed class? I want to know from the students who got good scores in exam or nbme. Someone please help me.

7/18/2016 9:40:31 AM
Iam an IMG, want to share few steps about my preparation for step.1 although I didn’t take the exam yet. This forum has been very helpful for me, and want to help any students, who are in same situation as mine before real preparation for exam. In the early beginning in my preparation I joined an online class, I was worried if I did a right choice at that time, because I wasn’t finish any materials. I had a lot ongoing in my professional and my personal life, but trying to do what my tutor advise me, who is Dr.Taher. He covered all subject in FA and explained in a very unforgettable way, and helped us in (timing management, speed up studying, and differentiate between high yield subjects and points), now iam close to the score I want according to NBME and UWSA score.
Please feel free to inbox me

6/8/2019 1:40:16 PM
How I improved my nbme score from 215 to 241, Real exam score -236

I am an Indian IMG would like to share my experience ,I started preparing for step1 with FA and UW but my basics were poor and didnt understand some concepts .My nbme 17 score was 215 highly dissappointed with the score so I was reading others experience who got high score and many people recommended dr.Taher course then Attended his free demo class,it was awsome i liked his way of teaching so i joined Dr.Taher sir course and it helped me immensely.He takes online class through skype .I am extremely pleased with his tutoring. He is very punctual and spends most of the tutoring session imparting concepts and building foundation.He made complicated topics very easy to understand and remember forever especially all CNS tracts ,pharmacology MOA and sideeffects .After his course i took my uwsa2 -254 ,then nbme !8-240, real exam score -236 .Now I am preparing for step2 even for step 2 whatever i learnt from his course helps me alot.He conducts rapid quiz at the begining of every class which motivated me to go through previous notes and review old topics. Most part of my exam was very difficult not direct questions from uw .They check depth of your understanding in exam so mastering concepts are very crucial part of this exam. Dr.taher sir course really helped me to learn concepts and remember facts for long time .Anyone who suffer like me with low nbme score or poor in concepts /who want to improve nbme score will be highly benefitted from his course.He is very patient and make sure if everyone in class well understood whatever he taught and repeat it multiple times if you dont understand concept.overall he is best teacher I ever had.If anyone interested I would highly recommend his course.you can contact him through his gmail [email protected]

6/8/2019 1:56:02 PM
zsox881268 wrote:
Noomi wrote:
I am an IMG and I am writing to share my step 1 experience with you.
I started studying from Feb 2015 after defending my Ph.D. I started with First Aid and it took me 7 months to finish the first round of reading! In that period of time, I had a lot going on in my personal life. It was in Sep 2015 that I came to know Dr. Mohammad Taher who is a trainer on step 1. I started a group online course with him that last almost 3 months and he thought and summarized the first aid during this period of time. This course helped me not only get familiarized with the main concepts but also it helped me to manage my time and speed up my studying. While taking his online sessions I was able to go over FA four times by the end of Jan 2016. I took my exam on Feb 2016.
I started Uworld questions in August 2015 and I was able to finish it once and go over the marked questions (about 1500 Qs) once before my exam.
I studied 100 cases of Conrad Fisher and Uworld biostatistics in Dec 2015.

NBME 15: 241, Feb 10
NBME 17: 236, Jan 24
Uworld self-assessment 1: 245 , Feb 17

My score on Feb 24, 2016: 243

How to contact Dr Mohammad Taher ? I got to know about him in SDN and USMLE forum but no contact details. Please provide some details I am in urgent need I am fed up with self study for more than a year.

you can contact him through his gmail [email protected]

6/19/2019 1:48:52 PM
vyuc116241 wrote:
How I improved my nbme score from 215 to 241, Real exam score -236

I am an Indian IMG would like to share my experience ,I started preparing for step1 with FA and UW but my basics were poor and didnt understand some concepts .My nbme 17 score was 215 highly dissappointed with the score so I was reading others experience who got high score and many people recommended dr.Taher course then Attended his free demo class,it was awsome i liked his way of teaching so i joined Dr.Taher sir course and it helped me immensely.He takes online class through skype .I am extremely pleased with his tutoring. He is very punctual and spends most of the tutoring session imparting concepts and building foundation.He made complicated topics very easy to understand and remember forever especially all CNS tracts ,pharmacology MOA and sideeffects .After his course i took my uwsa2 -254 ,then nbme !8-240, real exam score -236 .Now I am preparing for step2 even for step 2 whatever i learnt from his course helps me alot.He conducts rapid quiz at the begining of every class which motivated me to go through previous notes and review old topics. Most part of my exam was very difficult not direct questions from uw .They check depth of your understanding in exam so mastering concepts are very crucial part of this exam. Dr.taher sir course really helped me to learn concepts and remember facts for long time .Anyone who suffer like me with low nbme score or poor in concepts /who want to improve nbme score will be highly benefitted from his course.He is very patient and make sure if everyone in class well understood whatever he taught and repeat it multiple times if you dont understand concept.overall he is best teacher I ever had.If anyone interested I would highly recommend his course.you can contact him through his gmail [email protected]

How many days a week the classes are ? How much is the fee ? what different courses he offer ? Which course offered by him did you take ?
I am a beginner so what instructions should I follow to get with the flow ?
I understand that I am asking many questions but I want to know it before I proceed with joining. If you find some time can message me I will appreciate that gesture.
TIA

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn More
   I Accept