Passed NCLEX-RN after 3 tries Please read to help

1/9/2017 5:46:43 PM
The first time out of nursing school 12/19/2015 I didn't study at all and failed at 75. I only did only a couple of practice tests and thought well let me see if I can pass.

The second time I did Kaplan the whole program and failed at 220 questions. I thought the questions were so hard and I just wanted it to end and had severe anxiety looking at the time and thinking that I was going to run out of time, so I guessed to make it stop. I didn't eat a good breakfast and my head hurt and I knew I failed. I knew I had to do more questions and I didn't like Kaplan's simple explanations.

The third time I USED ONLY UWORLD!!! and I read each questions with my heart and read all the rationales whether right or wrong. That is what everyone will tell you on here READ the RATIONALES!!! My pace was fairly slow, I covered 25 questions in two hours after reading all the rationales and trying to explain it to myself in my own words. I didn't write anything down or do extra research like some people do. I redid most of my wrong questions and had about 500 left that I did not redo. My average was 51.6% before I did the wrong questions and 54% after I did some questions over. On the new assessment tool I averaged about 63% which was at that time in the 87th percentile. BUT PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PERCENTAGES OR NUMBERS. I read the same advice over and over and I still worried about numbers and percentages. I was like well the median score was 51% so that means I'm average and am not going to pass not true. This time I got about 150 questions and I turned the time and question number off so I'm not sure about the exact number but around 150. I took it on saturday and just looked at my results on Monday. I thought I failed again because I read that people said if you thought it was easy that means you failed. I been so nervous because the second time when I failed my questions were hard and this time they felt easy, that is because UWORLD IS THE S###! If you do it right. Don't read peoples comments or try to analyze the test being easy or hard. Please Please don't lose hope and faith because you will do the blank thing in time if you want it hard enough!!! I read thousands of forums like these every day before and after I studied for the nclex when I failed!!! I HAVE FAITH IN EACH IN EVERYONE OF YOU!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS!!!!

1/9/2017 8:41:13 PM
Thank you so much for this post! I'm currently in the same situation you were in 53% after taking the entire Qbank and Very high chance on SIMS. I take NCLEX in 3 days. Very nervous but hopeful. I've read all the rationales I possibly could, now i feel like I need to just relax and not stress myself out or should I do more of the questions I got wrong?

1/11/2017 8:42:04 AM
I am going to say rest and try not to stress. I felt exactly the same did I read enough did I do enough this time those are the questions that I asked. What I did is take the assessment the day before my nclex and never read the rationales that I missed. Do whatever you feel that is comfortable for you and what puts your mind at ease. GOOD LUCK !! and YOU GOT THIS!!! Please let me know when you pass you that I can congratulate you!!! If in your heart you feel that you studied your ass off then that means you are passing this beast!!! The third time around was the charm for me.

1/11/2017 12:25:26 PM
qwdr365230 wrote:
The first time out of nursing school 12/19/2015 I didn't study at all and failed at 75. I only did only a couple of practice tests and thought well let me see if I can pass.

The second time I did Kaplan the whole program and failed at 220 questions. I thought the questions were so hard and I just wanted it to end and had severe anxiety looking at the time and thinking that I was going to run out of time, so I guessed to make it stop. I didn't eat a good breakfast and my head hurt and I knew I failed. I knew I had to do more questions and I didn't like Kaplan's simple explanations.

The third time I USED ONLY UWORLD!!! and I read each questions with my heart and read all the rationales whether right or wrong. That is what everyone will tell you on here READ the RATIONALES!!! My pace was fairly slow, I covered 25 questions in two hours after reading all the rationales and trying to explain it to myself in my own words. I didn't write anything down or do extra research like some people do. I redid most of my wrong questions and had about 500 left that I did not redo. My average was 51.6% before I did the wrong questions and 54% after I did some questions over. On the new assessment tool I averaged about 63% which was at that time in the 87th percentile. BUT PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PERCENTAGES OR NUMBERS. I read the same advice over and over and I still worried about numbers and percentages. I was like well the median score was 51% so that means I'm average and am not going to pass not true. This time I got about 150 questions and I turned the time and question number off so I'm not sure about the exact number but around 150. I took it on saturday and just looked at my results on Monday. I thought I failed again because I read that people said if you thought it was easy that means you failed. I been so nervous because the second time when I failed my questions were hard and this time they felt easy, that is because UWORLD IS THE S###! If you do it right. Don't read peoples comments or try to analyze the test being easy or hard. Please Please don't lose hope and faith because you will do the blank thing in time if you want it hard enough!!! I read thousands of forums like these every day before and after I studied for the nclex when I failed!!! I HAVE FAITH IN EACH IN EVERYONE OF YOU!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience to us. By any chance did you do do questions by random or by section? I wanted to start but idk which one to do: random or topics.

1/12/2017 9:30:39 AM
Thank you for your prayers and support! Just took it and it cut off at 96 questions. I'm completely freaking out now. Tried the PVT. it says "you have recently scheduled this exam, another registration cannot be made at this time" I've been googling and everywhere says it means I passed. I'm praying I did!

1/12/2017 2:14:16 PM
Good luck! I'm taking mines last week of this month. So far, I have 500 of the Q bank remaining. Averaging between 45-50% so far. Really scared regarding my percentages result! I just really hope that it is true of what they said regarding the questions on the nclex are easier to comprehend than the questions here in u world! I would greatly appreciate if those that have taken it recently can comment pls....thanks!

1/13/2017 7:01:16 PM
ydpg739165 wrote:
qwdr365230 wrote:

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience to us. By any chance did you do do questions by random or by section? I wanted to start but idk which one to do: random or topics.

1/13/2017 7:03:45 PM
ydpg739165 wrote:
qwdr365230 wrote:

In the beginning I did it by each section, and when I went over some and not all of my incorrect answers I did it randomly. Good Luck! And you will pass!!!

1/13/2017 7:07:56 PM
bvft299610 wrote:
Good luck! I'm taking mines last week of this month. So far, I have 500 of the Q bank remaining. Averaging between 45-50% so far. Really scared regarding my percentages result! I just really hope that it is true of what they said regarding the questions on the nclex are easier to comprehend than the questions here in u world! I would greatly appreciate if those that have taken it recently can comment pls....thanks!

It really depends on the test, but I felt that sata questions are way easier and I felt that UWORLD prepared me really well for those. I felt that the who do you assess or see first were harder on the actual nclex, but it all depends. Have Faith and really read all the rationales carefully and super slowly or sometimes more than once to fully grasp the concepts, and you too will pass!!!
edited by on 1/13/2017
edited by on 1/13/2017

1/13/2017 7:53:17 PM
qwdr365230 wrote:
ydpg739165 wrote:
qwdr365230 wrote:

In the beginning I did it by each section, and when I went over some and not all of my incorrect answers I did it randomly. Good Luck! And you will pass!!!

Do you think that I must know my med surg well before studying uworld? sorry for asking too many questions I greatly appreciate your time for responding.

1/13/2017 11:05:42 PM
qwdr365230 wrote:
bvft299610 wrote:

It really depends on the test, but I felt that sata questions are way easier and I felt that UWORLD prepared me really well for those. I felt that the who do you assess or see first were harder on the actual nclex, but it all depends. Have Faith and really read all the rationales carefully and super slowly or sometimes more than once to fully grasp the concepts, and you too will pass!!!
edited by on 1/13/2017
edited by on 1/13/2017

1/15/2017 7:09:04 PM
ydpg739165 wrote:
qwdr365230 wrote:
ydpg739165 wrote:
qwdr365230 wrote:

Do you think that I must know my med surg well before studying uworld? sorry for asking too many questions I greatly appreciate your time for responding.

No I didn't know my med surg well before that I started studying uworld. The point of doing UWORLD is getting your brain trained in reading nclex questions and you will train it greatly by reading the wonderful UWORLD rationales. U got this!!! And do let me know when you pass so that I can congratulate you!!!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK