Why does it takes me forever to do these questions

2/17/2017 10:30:00 PM
I put it in tutor mode and I create a 75 question test. I do a question then read the rationale and highlight because I feel better doing it that way but I want to just cry because it seriously takes me 2 hours to do 25 questions. What should I do? I feel like doing it this way helps me answer questions better as I go but I'm feeling so depressed how long it's taking me. Should I just do it in test mode and then read the rationales afterwards? How long does it take you guys? I feel like I will never get this bank done!!

2/18/2017 12:59:45 AM
monica75200969 wrote:
I put it in tutor mode and I create a 75 question test. I do a question then read the rationale and highlight because I feel better doing it that way but I want to just cry because it seriously takes me 2 hours to do 25 questions. What should I do? I feel like doing it this way helps me answer questions better as I go but I'm feeling so depressed how long it's taking me. Should I just do it in test mode and then read the rationales afterwards? How long does it take you guys? I feel like I will never get this bank done!!

If it takes you 2hours to do 25 question, then you are doing really well.
It took me average of 8hours to do 75question (untimed tutor mode), I read the rationales meticulously (no rush) I started doing test mode after about 800 questions. I spent about 2 to 3 hours on 75 question (test mode), then read the rationale afterward. You don't have to finish the whole Qbank to pass Nclex. it is not the quantity that matters, but the quality.
The more rationales u are able to digest and understand the better U are. ALSO, pls don't let average discourage u. I had 61% (I finished the bank) , but my friend also passed with 51% (1500 questions). I passed with about 86 or 88questions. My friend passed with 78 questions.
edited by on 2/18/2017

2/18/2017 1:03:24 PM
I do test mode for better nclex feel. I do a test for each subcategory- like all the respiratory questions in adult/med-surg, all the cardiac, ect ect. so my memory is focused on that topic and I can better answer the questions because the focus is on that category. Additionally, i complete all the questions and do the rationales all together at the end, then re-read them. I finished the whole QBank is 6 days. I started out averaging in the low 40's and by the time I was done with the QBank I was in the mid-50's to 60's. I feel like my content knowledge is average but UWORLD trained my brain how to answer the questions better, thus increasing my score. I take my NCLEX on the 23rd.

Best of luck to you
-Cheerio

2/18/2017 4:04:33 PM
I felt the same way you did!! I originally started doing 75 questions, untimed, test mode and realized that it would take me all day to get through the rationales. I like the option on here that we can highlight and take notes, so I would take notes for each question (right or wrong) just so I can go back and read them later. After taking a few tests with 75 questions I was feeling discouraged with the low scores. Someone on here suggested I should do 25 questions at a time, so I gave that a try and realized that I was scoring a lot better. Obviously your average changes with the lower amount of questions. Then I worked my way up to taking 50 questions, and now 75. When I take a test with more questions I realized halfway through I started missing several questions in a row and I think that is when I needed to take a mental break and just breathe. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, everyone has different ways of studying and test taking. Figure out what works for you. Don't feel discouraged that it is taking you this many hours to finish, in the end you are still studying. I think the rationales help us more than we think. I take my test in a few days, and I'm really feeling the stress and overwhelmed with how much I need to do still. I guess in the end we will never know everything, but be confident! Good luck to you!

2/25/2017 2:32:16 AM
Honestly you shouldn't do untimed tutor do it as if it were a test and do 50 questions. You gotta get used to that element because it will be like that on your exam

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK