UWorld certainly helped me pass!

2/24/2017 4:08:13 PM
I recently graduated with my BSN this past winter from a university that emphasizes the use of programs like UWorld, HESI and so on to make sure you get used to answering the random questions in various formats that you may encounter on the NCLEX.

I studied for the NCLEX using UWorld for practice questions because its simply the most comprehensive test bank and HESI (the online package) for content review of the areas that were sticky for me.

I reviewed my content notes and then I took one 75 question exam a day. Then I would take another little mini exam of the questions that I got wrong. I studied like this for 7wks and then I took the predictor exam one week ahead of my scheduled NCLEX. I got a 93% on the predictor, so I felt good about my chances of passing and with that I moved up the date of my test to 3 days later.

I passed in 198 questions and as randoms as it may seem, its important to keep in mind that you can pass or fail the NCLEX regardless of the number of questions you get. I for sure thought I'd be done in 75 because I kept getting all these SATA and felt pretty confident that I was getting them right, but on the exam went. So don't panic if the computer doesn't shut off for you right at 75. I have friends who like myself graduated with honors and were caught off at 75, 83, 205 and one that had the misfortune of having to take the entire exam.

So to sum things up: review the content you are most weak in, DEFINITELY use UWorld as your practice test bank and keep a positive mind set as you go through your exam--reminding yourself that you can do this!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK