NCLEX on the 19th

4/13/2017 10:49:13 AM
Hi everyone , I'll be taking the NCLEX for the second time on the 19th. The first time I took it .. I did use Uworld, however I did not study correctly. I didn't focus on the rationales and I did not finish the entire questions bank, I was all over the place. I sat for the full 6 hours and answered 258 questions. In addition I never scored above a 58% on the quizzes and was like at the 56-57th percentile. I shouldn't have ever took the test I wasn't prepared hence I failed. Lesson learned.

This time around I made sure to review all my content I used Hurst. Then after I felt ready I hopped on Uworld again did one system at a time. So not only did I finish the entire question bank, I finished all the questions I got incorrect and now I'll spend time going back and reviewing. I ended in the 87th percentile and got a very high chance of passing on my RN assessments.

I am feeling a lot more confident this time!!!

4/13/2017 12:30:45 PM
wow.. I am in the EXACT same boat. Taking it on the 19.. failed last time with 265 questions. Used Uworld the first time.. but not nearly as good as I am using it now.

My grades are through the roof now .. 1. because i am realizing how to answer questions 2. i reviewed hurst and understand rationales from Uworld more..

hope were able to talk after about how we both passed !!!! good luck

4/14/2017 1:46:12 PM
Good luck!!! If you don't mind me asking how are you studying this time around?

4/14/2017 5:21:09 PM
glhc885772 wrote:
Good luck!!! If you don't mind me asking how are you studying this time around?

For me.. this time around instead of just looking at why the right answers were right, i looked at why the wrong asnwers were wrong as well. took time to read more rationales.

I have a notebook where i take notes and writing down all of the material in the rationales and reading it whenever i can helps also.

4/19/2017 3:58:41 PM
My test locked at 75 questions, and I tried the Pearson trick (even though I told myself I wouldn't... I know it's early<~ couldn't help it) Good pop up

To answer the question about how I studied. First learn your content! I suggest the nclex Saunders RN book the latest edition. Excellent book!! Then test yourself on Uworld after reviewing your content. I did one system at a time until I felt confident and moved on to the next. Hope that helps.

During the test every other question I got was SATA, well maybe not but that's how it felt ..... I finished in 1:40 min. I'll let you guys know !!!
Good luck to those who tested today and will test in the future !!!! You got this )

4/19/2017 4:11:09 PM
How did you feel about the test?
Took my Nclex today as well.. stopped at 75 questions, had ALOT of select alls.. 2 math.. aot of pharm, priority, and precautions.. i walked out crying because of how hard i thought it was.. the first time i took it i felt like it was so easy. this time I felt like i knew nothing.. im not sure what to think.
i didnt to the trick because im terified of what i will see..
any thoughts???

4/19/2017 4:11:10 PM
How did you feel about the test?
Took my Nclex today as well.. stopped at 75 questions, had ALOT of select alls.. 2 math.. aot of pharm, priority, and precautions.. i walked out crying because of how hard i thought it was.. the first time i took it i felt like it was so easy. this time I felt like i knew nothing.. im not sure what to think.
i didnt to the trick because im terified of what i will see..
any thoughts???

4/19/2017 4:43:35 PM
Well I guess I'm not going out of my mind because that trick although it's never. Even proven to be 100% worked for me this time. vs the last time I took the test I got the "bad pop up" every time sure enormous th I had failed.

I feel like I was a lot more prepared this time around, I was a less anxious this time. I did almost 100 test on Uworld and I was at the 94th percentile , that really helped with my confidence. I also got 2 math problems but they weren't hard. Like I had stated earlier ..... I felt like every other questions was SATA.

As far as the trick only do it if it's going to help with your anxiety. I hope u feel better and chin up!!!!!!

4/19/2017 5:08:41 PM
i just did the trick ( you gave me the itch to do it ) lol.. got the good pop up but is it true that you should wait 24 hours before you do the trick???? EXCITED but nervous .. i dont know how to feel right now.

4/20/2017 9:56:23 AM
Yay!!! I passed !!!!!

Good luck to all !! And yes the trick worked for me. Just make sure to wait till after you get the email from Pearson after testing !

4/20/2017 10:31:19 AM
YAYY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! hard work pays off

I dont get the unofficial results until tomorrow, i tried the trick again and it WORKED got the good pop up- just hard to beleive it lol so praying until unofficial results come in

Good luck in the future RN !

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK