Learning strategies

4/19/2017 12:14:38 PM
I have read previous posts which highlight the value of completing all the questions in the question bank (I'm trying!), reading all of the the rationales and making notes. I just wanted to add that I find it useful to do a daily test of 'incorrect' questions, I answer them thinking through why the answer is correct (sometimes articulating the rationale out loud) and it boosts my confidence to get the majority of them right. I do this first thing to give me a good start to the day as it shows I am retaining the previous days learning :-)
At the end of the day I do a short test (25) of 'all' questions, this gives me a mix of new and old questions and again ends the day on a positive note as I tend to do better in these tests that all 'unused' questions. Hope this suggestion helps!
Would like to hear others' learning strategies...

4/19/2017 3:10:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions I'm gonna try this.

4/20/2017 11:55:09 AM
yjrd231680 wrote:
I have read previous posts which highlight the value of completing all the questions in the question bank (I'm trying!), reading all of the the rationales and making notes. I just wanted to add that I find it useful to do a daily test of 'incorrect' questions, I answer them thinking through why the answer is correct (sometimes articulating the rationale out loud) and it boosts my confidence to get the majority of them right. I do this first thing to give me a good start to the day as it shows I am retaining the previous days learning :-)
At the end of the day I do a short test (25) of 'all' questions, this gives me a mix of new and old questions and again ends the day on a positive note as I tend to do better in these tests that all 'unused' questions. Hope this suggestion helps!

4/20/2017 7:36:14 PM
yjrd231680 wrote:

4/20/2017 7:51:12 PM
yjrd231680 wrote:

I have been studying 45 unused questions M-F and Saturday test on incorrect questions 45-75. By Sat. I'm exhausted so its an "easy" day and then I take Sunday off to spend with my family. Although I was just thinking earlier today that maybe after I test and review the unused questions that I may add a little of the incorrect questions daily. But it would totally depend on my time and what my day is like. I have 3 kids and a husband, lol! I tried doing 75 per day and it was just too much. Testing 75 was ok, but reviewing the rationals was overwhelming me and called for a long day and still needing to prepare dinner, etc. I played with different amounts and found 45 to keep me sane. Praying this is enough for me to be able to pass, otherwise I don't know what else to do :/ With the 3 month purchase I got the total number of questions and divided into how many days I have with this program, not including weekends, and shortened it. I'll have all questions done a week and a half before expiration which gives me time to continue to review my "marked for later" and any more incorrect questions I have.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK