My Step 1 experience of getting 253 as an IMG

4/19/2017 1:12:23 PM
Hi I would like to share my experience. These forums have been really helpful and supportive during study period. I am an IMG from India, finished pediatric residency from India. Want to get into Pediatric residency.
This is just my experience.
Study duration: 4 to 5 months

Study material: Pathoma once at the beginning, subscription U world (1.7 times, subject wise timed testing) with 1 to 1.5 blocks per day with detailed review of explanations. First aid once with USMLE Rx videos, with selected revision on last day due to short of time and google for less understood topics.

Study Method: I studied alone. I felt if one studies U world and First Aid with videos thoroughly and revise well and assess yourself with as many NBME and take U world tests as real exam tests, they will be able to manage time easily and will be confident to give exam. You need to be dedicated and commit to the exam. REVISION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. I usually studied 6-7 hours/day for 6 days a week and 1 day break. Eat well, exercise well, sleep well, health is very important than exam. If you feel your background knowledge is average may be you can strengthen your weakness through additional resources. You will realise weakness by writing as many tests as possible. Sleep well before the day of exam

NBME 12: 202 after reading pathoma
NBME 13: 236 after U world
NBME 15: 247 1.5 month before step 1
NBME 16: 247 1 month before step 1
U world form 1: 266 20 days before step 1
U world Form 2: 254 2 weeks before step 1
NBME 19: 247 3 days before step 1
U world first time pass: 84%

Day of exam: I felt as if I am writing U world blocks as the software is exactly same. Took 5 min break after each block and 20 min for lunch. Had additional time as I could finish many blocks in 50 to 55 min, extra time adds to your break time.

Received results today on 4th Wednesday as I wrote my exam on Monday

Step 1 score: 253
Finally happy.
All the best for everyone taking Step 1. You all can do it.

4/20/2017 1:06:45 AM
congratulations on great score , I'm also frm india how to deal with behavioural science as its not in our curriculum ,do u recommend any other qbank & also give some advice on how to deal with anat & pathophysio.
edited by on 4/20/2017

4/21/2017 12:17:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS.

4/24/2017 12:44:02 PM
drvibe wrote:
congratulations on great score , I'm also frm india how to deal with behavioural science as its not in our curriculum ,do u recommend any other qbank & also give some advice on how to deal with anat & pathophysio.
edited by on 4/20/2017

Hi I faced the same problem too with behavioural science. By solving as many questions like uworld and NBME s and reading it better from a other sources like kaplan or 100 cases medical ethics by Conrad Fischer. Though I bought the book i dint get the time to read. It can be read in 2 days. For Anat/Pathophysio i checked more google images/explanations when i felt i needed more when i was reading Uworld and first aid.

4/24/2017 12:44:35 PM
Fosu wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS.

Thank you.

4/26/2017 9:04:59 AM
uasc562451 wrote:
drvibe wrote:
edited by on 4/20/2017

Hi I faced the same problem too with behavioural science. By solving as many questions like uworld and NBME s and reading it better from a other sources like kaplan or 100 cases medical ethics by Conrad Fischer. Though I bought the book i dint get the time to read. It can be read in 2 days. For Anat/Pathophysio i checked more google images/explanations when i felt i needed more when i was reading Uworld and first aid.

thank you, all the best for ur next step

4/26/2017 9:33:55 AM
congratulations goodluck fr other steps

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK