PASSED nclex in 75! (used only uworld +PVT worked)

6/8/2017 3:35:42 PM
Hi UWorld friends: I took my NCLEX on Monday 6/5 and I found out this afternoon that I passed and have a state license! I took 75 questions and had a lot of SATA, only 1 med math Q. I used UWorld almost exclusively; I did some basic content review from notes a friend gave me as well. It took me around 1 hour and 50 min to complete the NCLEX, including the practice questions at the beginning (there are about 15 practice questions to help you understand the way the different question types work). When I got home I did the Pearson Vue Trick and had the good pop up and that did work for me. I've heard it isn't 100% accurate, but in my case, it was.

Here's how I studied: I took NCLEX exactly 1 month after graduating (I graduated 5/5) and I studied almost daily. The first 2 weeks I devoted about 2 hours/day to content review and then did 75-150 questions on UWorld.
The last 2 weeks I focused much more on UWorld (100-250 questions/day) and only referred to my content notes as needed. I typically scored from high 50s to low 70s on my UWorld quizzes. I often took focused quizzes on the content areas I was scoring <60% in to try and beef up my knowledge of those areas. I always reviewed answers and rationales, even on the questions I got correctly (to account for guessing!) I scored 64% on self assessment 1 (74th percentile) and 78% on self assessment 2 (98th percentile), which both translated to "very high chance of passing." I took both of those the week before NCLEX about 3 days apart. I probably did around 1300-1400 Q bank questions and did not get a chance to re-test my wrong answered ones.

My advice: 1) create a study schedule and stick to it (or pretty close). 2) Allow yourself a day off every now and again- you can't be productive when you're tired or burnt out. My last quiz of each day I usually scored pretty low on because I was tired and not in it anymore- don't do that! Finish strong and take breaks! 3) Don't study the day before NCLEX. No really, don't. Relax and unwind. I went on a date with my hubs. 4) Don't worry about when you go to bed the night before... you won't sleep well anyway. 5) Trust yourself. YOU made it through nursing school. YOU graduated from one of the most rigorous majors in the country. YOU have pushed yourself to achieve great things. So trust yourself and have faith that God will guide you. I prayed all 75 miles to my testing site, while signing in, and while testing. He brought you to the fire and He will deliver you through it!

Good luck friends! I can't wait to begin my new career as an RN in a few weeks and I'm excited for the rest of you to join the ranks!

6/17/2017 3:17:29 PM
wow congratulations ! thank you for sharing. Currently studying now and getting very tired and discouraged. The world priority questions are getting to me.
edited by on 6/17/2017

6/17/2017 11:21:39 PM
Congratulations.

I see a lot of people use the uworld program on a 75 questions basis. I actually use it on a system by system basis. For instance, after reviewing the content on say GI, I attempt all the questions on GI and review the rationales and then move on to mental health.

So far this method is time consuming but very helpful and I test in the last week of July.

Would you say this is an effective method to prep for the nclex using uworld?

6/20/2017 5:06:50 PM
tytk263123 wrote:
Congratulations.

I see a lot of people use the uworld program on a 75 questions basis. I actually use it on a system by system basis. For instance, after reviewing the content on say GI, I attempt all the questions on GI and review the rationales and then move on to mental health.

So far this method is time consuming but very helpful and I test in the last week of July.

Would you say this is an effective method to prep for the nclex using uworld?

I think if this system of studying is working for you, then great! It's all about finding what works best for you and prepping accordingly. If you think in terms of systems, then it makes sense. I didn't go through each system individually, but I did choose specific systems to work on after about 2 weeks- those that were overall <55%. Then once I got them all above that I worked to get those <65%. I wanted every system to be above 65 because I felt that was safest going into NCLEX.

6/20/2017 5:10:16 PM
ukit638534 wrote:
wow congratulations ! thank you for sharing. Currently studying now and getting very tired and discouraged. The world priority questions are getting to me.
edited by on 6/17/2017

Don't get discouraged! Now is the time to make mistakes- in the comfort of your own home on your own computer. Priority questions are very important so I recommend doing at least 25/ day. Really read the rationales. My back up when I struggle with a question is "what answer is safest/ does the least harm?" Even if you know nothing else in the stem, you should be able to pick out some obviously harmful or potentially harmful answer choices. The NCLEX people can hardly fault you for playing it safe- that's really what NCLEX is all about: are you going to be a safe nurse? Hope that helps! Good luck!

1/31/2018 8:51:24 PM
xnrs937373 wrote:
Hi UWorld friends: I took my NCLEX on Monday 6/5 and I found out this afternoon that I passed and have a state license! I took 75 questions and had a lot of SATA, only 1 med math Q. I used UWorld almost exclusively; I did some basic content review from notes a friend gave me as well. It took me around 1 hour and 50 min to complete the NCLEX, including the practice questions at the beginning (there are about 15 practice questions to help you understand the way the different question types work). When I got home I did the Pearson Vue Trick and had the good pop up and that did work for me. I've heard it isn't 100% accurate, but in my case, it was.

Here's how I studied: I took NCLEX exactly 1 month after graduating (I graduated 5/5) and I studied almost daily. The first 2 weeks I devoted about 2 hours/day to content review and then did 75-150 questions on UWorld.
The last 2 weeks I focused much more on UWorld (100-250 questions/day) and only referred to my content notes as needed. I typically scored from high 50s to low 70s on my UWorld quizzes. I often took focused quizzes on the content areas I was scoring <60% in to try and beef up my knowledge of those areas. I always reviewed answers and rationales, even on the questions I got correctly (to account for guessing!) I scored 64% on self assessment 1 (74th percentile) and 78% on self assessment 2 (98th percentile), which both translated to "very high chance of passing." I took both of those the week before NCLEX about 3 days apart. I probably did around 1300-1400 Q bank questions and did not get a chance to re-test my wrong answered ones.

My advice: 1) create a study schedule and stick to it (or pretty close). 2) Allow yourself a day off every now and again- you can't be productive when you're tired or burnt out. My last quiz of each day I usually scored pretty low on because I was tired and not in it anymore- don't do that! Finish strong and take breaks! 3) Don't study the day before NCLEX. No really, don't. Relax and unwind. I went on a date with my hubs. 4) Don't worry about when you go to bed the night before... you won't sleep well anyway. 5) Trust yourself. YOU made it through nursing school. YOU graduated from one of the most rigorous majors in the country. YOU have pushed yourself to achieve great things. So trust yourself and have faith that God will guide you. I prayed all 75 miles to my testing site, while signing in, and while testing. He brought you to the fire and He will deliver you through it!

Good luck friends! I can't wait to begin my new career as an RN in a few weeks and I'm excited for the rest of you to join the ranks!

1/31/2018 8:51:57 PM
xnrs937373 wrote:

1/31/2018 9:30:52 PM
xnrs937373 wrote:

Hi there! I am studying using just Uworld and Mark klimek right now and it is my firts time taking NCLEX. Yes i heard alot of feedback saying " Uworld is similar to NCLEX but less harder" What does it really mean? Is it the same content? Same questions? Same answers? Same style? Can anyone please elaborate more thoroughly. Im a nervous train wreck here Thank you

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK