PASSED in the FIRST try 75 Q's

6/22/2017 5:27:51 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to give anyone and everyone who needs some support and encouragement. I just took my nclex and found out two days later that I am an RN ! Heres some background information on me: I graduated 11 months ago and due to a few different circumstances I was not able to prep or take my nclex. Being out of school for so long was challenging and made the knowledge seem foreign at times. I was an A average student in school but prepping for NCLEX was different than nursing school... How I prepped: UWORLD WAS my primary source (the first week I listed to hurst lectures to touch on content but it made maybe two -three question difference- I would not suggest wasting time on it. I did prep for 5 weeks altogether with days off here and there, so total 4 weeks. It was more than enough time. I did the entire bank by subject. I did not take notes because I realized how long it was taking. Right or wrong, read every rational pay attention to every picture and every chart. I highlighted main points in each rational. ! would do 75 q's remediate them through the day, review the rationals really quickly the following morning and do another 75 questions and keep going until I finished the qbank. I finished with 53.3% and then did about 700 of my incorrect questions and finished with a 57.5%. I did both of the assessments, first assessment was once I was done with the qbank (borderline passing- I ran out of time). Second assessment was after I completed my incorrect questions (very high chance of passing). I prayed a lot through the entire process and I had the BEST support team. Its all possible! It helps tremendously to do incorrect questions. In the midst of all of this, I was also planning my wedding, which is the worst thing ! But hard work pays off, yours will to. Honestly, the nuclei was different and random topics that I didn't cover showed up but my fine tuned critical thinking skills and background knowledge from world helped me pass. I had at least 15 SATA, 2 put in order, one math, 2 hotspots, and rest multiple choice. Blessings !

6/22/2017 6:37:00 PM
Thanks so much for posting! I'm taking mine Monday & extremely nervous but your post calmed me. Congratulations on passing! Very exciting. Hoping to join you soon!!

6/22/2017 8:24:16 PM
pcxu241613 wrote:
Hi everyone, just wanted to give anyone and everyone who needs some support and encouragement. I just took my nclex and found out two days later that I am an RN ! Heres some background information on me: I graduated 11 months ago and due to a few different circumstances I was not able to prep or take my nclex. Being out of school for so long was challenging and made the knowledge seem foreign at times. I was an A average student in school but prepping for NCLEX was different than nursing school... How I prepped: UWORLD WAS my primary source (the first week I listed to hurst lectures to touch on content but it made maybe two -three question difference- I would not suggest wasting time on it. I did prep for 5 weeks altogether with days off here and there, so total 4 weeks. It was more than enough time. I did the entire bank by subject. I did not take notes because I realized how long it was taking. Right or wrong, read every rational pay attention to every picture and every chart. I highlighted main points in each rational. ! would do 75 q's remediate them through the day, review the rationals really quickly the following morning and do another 75 questions and keep going until I finished the qbank. I finished with 53.3% and then did about 700 of my incorrect questions and finished with a 57.5%. I did both of the assessments, first assessment was once I was done with the qbank (borderline passing- I ran out of time). Second assessment was after I completed my incorrect questions (very high chance of passing). I prayed a lot through the entire process and I had the BEST support team. Its all possible! It helps tremendously to do incorrect questions. In the midst of all of this, I was also planning my wedding, which is the worst thing ! But hard work pays off, yours will to. Honestly, the nuclei was different and random topics that I didn't cover showed up but my fine tuned critical thinking skills and background knowledge from world helped me pass. I had at least 15 SATA, 2 put in order, one math, 2 hotspots, and rest multiple choice. Blessings !

6/22/2017 9:41:39 PM
Did you do the review questions on Hurst? I'm almost done with the videos and I started doing their review questions and did horrible. It says to review the book before doing the questions but I have yet to do that. I test in the next 3 weeks and will start Uworld this weekend. What do you suggest I do?

6/23/2017 1:30:58 PM
fhha300904 wrote:
Thanks so much for posting! I'm taking mine Monday & extremely nervous but your post calmed me. Congratulations on passing! Very exciting. Hoping to join you soon!!

Ji! Don't be nervous! you have prepped and given it your all. Believe in yourself AND your first choice and go with it. you got this !

6/23/2017 1:38:23 PM
dbif480196 wrote:
Did you do the review questions on Hurst? I'm almost done with the videos and I started doing their review questions and did horrible. It says to review the book before doing the questions but I have yet to do that. I test in the next 3 weeks and will start Uworld this weekend. What do you suggest I do?

I did my qnank by topic so I watched the video that went along with the topic of questions I did that day. For example, If I was doing renal questions, I watched renal videos. I didn't spend time doing just hurts videos. The videos maybe helped maybe on two questions or so. When you do questions by topic you get knowledge from each rational and are able to apply that at times to other questions. I didn't do their questions or review book. I only had some access to hurst videos. Honestly, I would suggest to stick to uworld, do all the questions and then do your incorrect ones, as many as you can! I did questions in tutor mode the first time around and then random topics, incorrect questions timed to build my stamina. My fiancé is a medical resident and he used uworld for all his STEP exams and he excelled on all of them, I studied exactly how told me to and it worked! Good luck and blessings !

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK