step 1 244 my experience

7/11/2017 12:17:41 PM
Old IMG graduated in 2011
Preparation time 13months ( january 2016 - february 2017)

Kaplan notes and videos ( 3 passes- videos once) from january to october

First aid + USMLE Rx -chapter wise - November- 82%

Uworld -timed ,chapter wise, after revising first aid - december and january - 78%

First aid q&a + kaplan q bank ( weaker areas).

Nbme - 12,16,17,18 - scores between 234-240 - average 237 - february 1-19
step 1 : feb 21 : 244

7/11/2017 2:15:52 PM
Hello Dr. Sylu726787,

Congratulations I sent you a private message. Please check your email ASAP! All the best of luck to you...

Thanks

Ezinne

7/12/2017 4:46:43 AM
Im an old img grad from 2014. I feel pretty lost on how to start and i dont have any guidance. How should i start about it?

7/17/2017 3:27:13 AM
hi
first. take a deep breath. this is not an impossible exam.
process- follow the process and you should be perfectly OK
so whats the process?
1) watch kaplan videos with a beginners mind. be patient and follow up the lectures with their notes. in my view read it onc make short notes and revise notes once all subjects are done.
2) listen to goljan audio lectures well . it makes your prep for step2 also solid. ofourse read goljan path book also. it looks like its a lot but give it a month of discipline it will be over.
3) the mantra to doing well is being thorough with FIRST AID for step 1. cant stress that enough. do usmle RX to make sure first aid is sealed in your head.
4) do uworld perfectly with notes.
5) uworld + first aid = super score.
kaplan notes gives you a good platform so you can understand whats being told in uworld and first aid
6) set a time line and make a schedule and FOLLOW the schedule

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK