Thank you, Jesus... I passed NCLEX on my 3rd try

8/19/2017 2:09:46 PM
Ok...so, this is my experience. I bought UWorld (1 month) right after I finished nursing school. I actually didn't use it much. Maybe I did about 500 questions and failed it the first time.

The second time, I purchased it for 2 months and only did 1,200 questions. I didn't read the rationales, and I was not consistent with my studies. There were times I would only do 20 questions/day and some days none at all. I took the exam and failed.

This third time around I was losing hope, but I knew if I failed NCLEX twice was because I wasn't studying enough and not reading and reasoning rationales. I was too "busy" doing other stuff instead of studying and preparing myself for NCLEX.

This time, I did ALL UWorld questions in 3 weeks, I only read about 25-30% rationales, but I made sure I understood the content well. I regret I didn't read more because the exam would've been so much easier. If only I did this the 1st and 2nd time, I wouldn't have to do it 3x. Praying also made a big impact, even at the exam, I prayed to be calmed and relaxed (it really helped me a lot).

So, if you have failed the exam multiple times, maybe you're just like me and not studying enough. It is hard to study especially if you get distracted easily, but if you don't want to be studying forever, just put a little bit of effort. All it takes is 3-4 weeks of preparation. Also, don't use multiple study tools (you just will stress yourself more). Don't spend the money we're not earning yet in expensive courses when you can just use UWorld.

8/20/2017 5:49:30 PM
Hello, Congratulations on passing your NCLEX. I read your post and you really motivated me to continue fighting. I recently took my exam and unfortunately failed for the second time. I did Uworld for 2 months but maybe your right I did not pay attention much on the rationales. Because I was confident that I know the content already. I did study hard but not really on Uworld, i just answered it and read rationales but just read and don't understand. I focused more on my content. I hope and pray that I'll be able to make the next time.

8/20/2017 10:36:41 PM
Thank you! I feel so happy and relieved I don't have to do the NCLEX ever!!

Please! Keep trying! Don't give up. We made it through nursing school! Just focus on UWorld. If I did it, anybody can do it too!! Don't study the day before the exam because it'll increase your anxiety. This time, I took snacks and plenty of water. I also took breaks and walked around the testing center and practiced some relaxation techniques (deep breathing, stretching, praying, etc). I tried taking breaks every hour for 5-10 minutes.

Good luck to you! Please study, study, study and try to understand the material!! (:

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK