Took NCLEX yesterday and it was devastating.

8/19/2017 2:32:27 PM
It took 214 questions and almost 4 hours before shutting off. The level of questions seemed impossible from the first question. Everyone says they got it in 75 questions and it was easy that was not the case for me. I know my stuff and did pretty good with Uworld questions and assessments. I didn't take it lightly (studying) and worked really hard and felt confident leading up to the exam. Anyway, I will find out in a few days, just wanted to share my experience.

8/19/2017 3:04:13 PM
You felt it was harder than uworld?

8/19/2017 7:32:31 PM
Yes. The level of questions did not even compare.

8/19/2017 11:33:02 PM
The degree of level of questions from the Nclex are way to harder than UWorld or Kaplan. I used both but mostly focus on UWorld questions & rationales. I also spent time reading my nursing concepts & essential topics . It was a hard work & unfortunately no easy way around it. It was worth it though; after 75 questions, my computer stop. I did the PVT after 24 hrs & have a good pop-up. I'm kind of hesitant at first but there's no harm in trying. After 2 days i got my result & pass. After reading your post, I saw how dedicated you were with your review . I do hope you pass. Keep praying.

8/20/2017 2:11:18 AM
i just took my nclexrn today. this is my 3rd take and honestly majority of the questions today are even harder than kaplan and uworld. I was surprised that they didnt give me any computations but I encountered some SATA questions maybe about 10. I don't know what to expect but I just hope and pray that I will pass.
edited by on 8/20/2017

8/20/2017 2:45:36 AM
sium355982 wrote:
It took 214 questions and almost 4 hours before shutting off. The level of questions seemed impossible from the first question. Everyone says they got it in 75 questions and it was easy that was not the case for me. I know my stuff and did pretty good with Uworld questions and assessments. I didn't take it lightly (studying) and worked really hard and felt confident leading up to the exam. Anyway, I will find out in a few days, just wanted to share my experience.

sorry to hear you had such a hard time during ur nclex, i hope you do pass. may i ask if you read the rationales in uworld? or did you just do the questions and did fairly well on that? praying for you!

8/20/2017 9:25:37 AM
Yes, I studied the rationales for both questions that I missed and got correct. I also studied Hurst review. I got 48 SATA questions and roughly 20 more alternative format but no math. I'm not bothered by SATA and usually do well with them but it felt as though the questions were for a nurse that specialized for several years.
I see so many people say that the exam was 75 questions or that it was easy. In my case it was not easy and just want people who haven't taken it yet to realize that not everybody has it cut off at 75.

8/20/2017 12:36:21 PM
@sium355982 it sounded like your test was difficult but that can also mean it's a good sign. From what I hear, the more SATA you get, you're doing well. Will be sending you positive passing vibes your way!

8/23/2017 10:03:38 PM
sium355982 wrote:
Yes, I studied the rationales for both questions that I missed and got correct. I also studied Hurst review. I got 48 SATA questions and roughly 20 more alternative format but no math. I'm not bothered by SATA and usually do well with them but it felt as though the questions were for a nurse that specialized for several years.
I see so many people say that the exam was 75 questions or that it was easy. In my case it was not easy and just want people who haven't taken it yet to realize that not everybody has it cut off at 75.

so did you pass? did you try the PVT?

8/30/2017 11:29:27 AM
Sorry it took so long to respond. I left town two days after the NCLEX and did not check my results for a week. I didn't want to be depressed on vacation. I passed though. It took 214 questions but I passed on my first try. Thanks to everyone that was helpful and supportive.

8/30/2017 8:36:47 PM
sium355982 wrote:
Sorry it took so long to respond. I left town two days after the NCLEX and did not check my results for a week. I didn't want to be depressed on vacation. I passed though. It took 214 questions but I passed on my first try. Thanks to everyone that was helpful and supportive.

congratulations! i knew you could do it! 214 questions with so many satas, i knew it was a pass! congrats, RN!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK