Nclex 3rd attempt next week and freaking out

8/22/2017 1:18:05 AM
Hi all,

So i'm taking my nclex for the 3rd time next week and I honestly feel really hopeless. My first attempt i failed at 160 questions but honestly i didn't study much for it that time. The 2nd time, I used uworld and i failed at 265 Q and got near passing in all sections. i was a nervous wreck and had a lot going on at that time, so after i found out i failed again, i took a month and a half off to deal with some life situations. at the end of july, I purchased uworld again and have been doing 75-150 Questions a day for the past 3 weeks and have about 300 Q left which is basically all pharmacology (which i have no idea how to study for other than completing the questions and reading rationales). My current average is 65%. I completed 1 of the self assessments and says very high chance of passing, however i still feel like Im not retaining much info. I feel like i read and understand the rationales, but when i move on to something else, i forget everything i learned. Ive done notes and i read them over and over but at this point i feel like a robot and feel like i will fail again. I have horrible test anxiety and my biggest fear is sitting in front of that computer next week and just blanking out, because that is exactly what happened to me last time. when i study, I find myself blanking out when it comes to the easy non-critical thinking questions like when they give you a patient with a certain disease and they ask for s/s in a SATA question or like a math problem or something. i just feel like theres no way possibly remember every single s/s for every single disease. However, when it comes to priority, nursing interventions and care planning, i seem to do way better. Also, i seem to never get SATAs right. I always miss it by one or over by one. Very rare when i get them right. Any advice on how i can relieve this stress and anxiety and what i should do at this point? i don't want to reschedule my exam because i feel like the more i push it the more i will forget everything. Please help. Im ready to explode lol

8/22/2017 7:37:19 AM
xbpo801608 wrote:
Hi all,

So i'm taking my nclex for the 3rd time next week and I honestly feel really hopeless. My first attempt i failed at 160 questions but honestly i didn't study much for it that time. The 2nd time, I used uworld and i failed at 265 Q and got near passing in all sections. i was a nervous wreck and had a lot going on at that time, so after i found out i failed again, i took a month and a half off to deal with some life situations. at the end of july, I purchased uworld again and have been doing 75-150 Questions a day for the past 3 weeks and have about 300 Q left which is basically all pharmacology (which i have no idea how to study for other than completing the questions and reading rationales). My current average is 65%. I completed 1 of the self assessments and says very high chance of passing, however i still feel like Im not retaining much info. I feel like i read and understand the rationales, but when i move on to something else, i forget everything i learned. Ive done notes and i read them over and over but at this point i feel like a robot and feel like i will fail again. I have horrible test anxiety and my biggest fear is sitting in front of that computer next week and just blanking out, because that is exactly what happened to me last time. when i study, I find myself blanking out when it comes to the easy non-critical thinking questions like when they give you a patient with a certain disease and they ask for s/s in a SATA question or like a math problem or something. i just feel like theres no way possibly remember every single s/s for every single disease. However, when it comes to priority, nursing interventions and care planning, i seem to do way better. Also, i seem to never get SATAs right. I always miss it by one or over by one. Very rare when i get them right. Any advice on how i can relieve this stress and anxiety and what i should do at this point? i don't want to reschedule my exam because i feel like the more i push it the more i will forget everything. Please help. Im ready to explode lol

oh my gosh, i cant even put into words how much your post basically reminded me of myself. i take the exam in less than 2 weeks and im so goddamn nervous. i also know how you feel about not being able to get all the symptoms right or side effects of medication in SATAs. i also get it wrong by one less or one over, its so frustrating. i dont really have much advice to give because i have not taken the nclex myself and i also have the worst anxiety. i didnt even know i had anxiety until all this nursing stuff came into my life. but i want u to know that im here and i know exactly how you're feeling, maybe even worse. people always tell me to calm down and just relax and they passed the nclex in less than 100 questions and im so jealous. i feel like i let the anxiety get to me sometimes and i blank out as well on those math questions or something super easy. i do fairly well on prioritizing and delegation but how can i even get up there to those above the line questions if i dont do well on the easy ones? u know what i mean? anyways, im praying for you and this third time, you will pass this nclex. you can do it! update here if anything Big Grin

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK