Passed the nclex at 104 questions. 1st try!

10/8/2017 9:39:09 PM
With God all things are possible! Thank you so much Heavenly Father. ❤️ i passed the NCLEX after 104 questions. Thank you uworld!!!

I'm a foreign educated Nurse from the Philippines. I took the NCLEX-RN at 8am, Oct 6, 2017, Manila. After the exam I was totally drained physically, mentally and emotionally. I cried during and after the exam, and it took me more than 3 hours just to finish 104 questions. If I had to answer all of 265 I may have run out time. The exam was really hard for me and I didn't know if I passed or not but I prayed for it so hard so I told myself to think positive, nothing is impossible with God.. i panicked because I didnt stop at 75 questions. I just kept staring at the computer screen for about 5-10 minutes rationalizing which answer choice is correct (all the answer choices absolutely seemed correct to me but then I need to prioritize so I was playing scenarios on my head). I got about 30 plus SATA's, and got tons prioritization questions, 3 drag and drop. no delegration, no math and pharm.

I got out of the testing center feeling so drained and immediately cried and hugged my Mom because I felt defeated (she just stayed at Starbucks for 4 hours waiting for me). I had no idea if I made the right choices to the questions because to me all options seemed correct, so I just prayed and told God to help me have a positive result.

I didn't do the PVT because I was too scared to know results. So waiting for the result which took more than 48 hours got me so anxious I could hardly eat and sleep. Last night after saying my prayers I told myself that I would check the quick results 1st in the morning. Since I was too scared, panicking and already crying, I called my boyfriend and ask if he could do the quick results for me. So he did, at first he was a bit hesitant telling me the results which got me scared and he just told me to check the screenshot photo he sent, so there it was, my status says "Pass". I cried like a 1 year. lol! I thank God crying that moment.

My advise? do questions, lots of questions. I mainly used uworld for questions, 7th edition Saunders for content (didnt read the book from cover to cover because my attention span is like of a squirel), LaCharity (answered all the questions), Mark Klimek, RN Mastery App, memorize all lab important lab values, and I prayed really really hard. I answered all the questions in the qbank and got only 50% correct answers, both my assessments where BORDERLINE which made me think that i would fail. But i really read and tried to understand the each rationale and wrote all of them down, the uworld set up was pretty much the same as the actual nclex exam and uworld also helped me with SATA's because satas where my weakness.

So just pray and do not stress yourself out too much. Also, get a good rest before the test coz you will really need it. Believe in yourself, think positive and especially believe in God. All things are possible with God.

10/9/2017 6:59:18 AM
congratulations on passing! I'm from the Philippines as well, but I'm taking my exam here in the US. Can I ask how you spent 2 weeks before your exam?

I'm trying to answer 75-150 questions a day now, but i'm not sure if i'm spending too much time on reviewing the rationales. It takes me an average of 1.5 hours to read, take notes and highlight about 30 questions. I would really appreciate your advice! congratulations again USRN!

10/9/2017 10:18:44 AM
ixag423685 wrote:
congratulations on passing! I'm from the Philippines as well, but I'm taking my exam here in the US. Can I ask how you spent 2 weeks before your exam?

I'm trying to answer 75-150 questions a day now, but i'm not sure if i'm spending too much time on reviewing the rationales. It takes me an average of 1.5 hours to read, take notes and highlight about 30 questions. I would really appreciate your advice! congratulations again USRN!

Hi! 2 weeks before the exam i started answering the incorrect questions I got from the qbank. I answered the questions by system 10-15 questions at a time. answer 50-75 questions never worked for me because I get bored and tired reading all the rationales thats why I only answer 10-15 per test. I strictly followed my daily schedule. Slept at around 10pm, and wake up at 4am. I trained myself to wake up early and answer questions in the morning because my exam time is 8am. You got this! Both my assessments where Borderline. for me the assessment does not really matter as long as you understand the rationale of each question.
edited by on 10/9/2017
edited by on 10/9/2017

10/9/2017 8:01:33 PM
thank you for your advice! were you able to finish all the questions in the qbank? congratulations again!

10/9/2017 8:11:00 PM
ixag423685 wrote:
thank you for your advice! were you able to finish all the questions in the qbank? congratulations again!

yes, i finished all 1900 questions then answered the incorrect ones after.

10/10/2017 1:01:14 PM
congratulation, May God bless you on your job search. Can you email me mark klimek audio please. I used to have the audio on my laptop it's stop working. Please let me know if you can do it for me...Thanks

anfn839198 wrote:
With God all things are possible! Thank you so much Heavenly Father. ❤️ i passed the NCLEX after 104 questions. Thank you uworld!!!

I'm a foreign educated Nurse from the Philippines. I took the NCLEX-RN at 8am, Oct 6, 2017, Manila. After the exam I was totally drained physically, mentally and emotionally. I cried during and after the exam, and it took me more than 3 hours just to finish 104 questions. If I had to answer all of 265 I may have run out time. The exam was really hard for me and I didn't know if I passed or not but I prayed for it so hard so I told myself to think positive, nothing is impossible with God.. i panicked because I didnt stop at 75 questions. I just kept staring at the computer screen for about 5-10 minutes rationalizing which answer choice is correct (all the answer choices absolutely seemed correct to me but then I need to prioritize so I was playing scenarios on my head). I got about 30 plus SATA's, and got tons prioritization questions, 3 drag and drop. no delegration, no math and pharm.

I got out of the testing center feeling so drained and immediately cried and hugged my Mom because I felt defeated (she just stayed at Starbucks for 4 hours waiting for me). I had no idea if I made the right choices to the questions because to me all options seemed correct, so I just prayed and told God to help me have a positive result.

I didn't do the PVT because I was too scared to know results. So waiting for the result which took more than 48 hours got me so anxious I could hardly eat and sleep. Last night after saying my prayers I told myself that I would check the quick results 1st in the morning. Since I was too scared, panicking and already crying, I called my boyfriend and ask if he could do the quick results for me. So he did, at first he was a bit hesitant telling me the results which got me scared and he just told me to check the screenshot photo he sent, so there it was, my status says "Pass". I cried like a 1 year. lol! I thank God crying that moment.

My advise? do questions, lots of questions. I mainly used uworld for questions, 7th edition Saunders for content (didnt read the book from cover to cover because my attention span is like of a squirel), LaCharity (answered all the questions), Mark Klimek, RN Mastery App, memorize all lab important lab values, and I prayed really really hard. I answered all the questions in the qbank and got only 50% correct answers, both my assessments where BORDERLINE which made me think that i would fail. But i really read and tried to understand the each rationale and wrote all of them down, the uworld set up was pretty much the same as the actual nclex exam and uworld also helped me with SATA's because satas where my weakness.

So just pray and do not stress yourself out too much. Also, get a good rest before the test coz you will really need it. Believe in yourself, think positive and especially believe in God. All things are possible with God.

10/10/2017 3:42:24 PM
sure!

10/13/2017 7:42:53 PM
Congratulations that's super news you passed 😀 So relieved I'm sure!! I'm writing my exam in 7 weeks and find the Saunders book so boring so UWorld it is for me!!! I was wondering if you would share the mark klimek audio files with me I would totally approaiate it I hear they are good!!! My email is [email protected] I thank you very much in advance

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK