failed BUT questions worded different then before

12/2/2017 6:01:07 PM
Like many of the other posts i have read i am in the same boat...first time i took the NCLEX right out of school and i just went and took it not knowing anything and failed. Second time i took it i used kaplan, hurst and had a ton of review books and failed. I just took it again in October used happy nclex, uworld and mark klimek and failed but i ran out of time. I got my results in the mail and i had all near passing or above passing so i know i did a lot better and i feel that if i wouldn't have ran out of time i may have passed. The one question i have is for the people that have taken the NCLEX multiple times and recently did anyone notice the questions worded differently? They are no longer like the UWorld questions or any other review questions...i cant describe or exactly remember the way they were written anymore lol but they are different just wondering if anyone else noticed.

12/5/2017 2:33:04 PM
I just took the NCLEX for the second time, BOTH times i used UWORLD and failed at 265 BOTH times. BOTH times i was above or near passing in all areas. I too feel that UWORLD and NCLEX are worded completely different. UWORLD tells you patient "A" is taking drug "X" for GI upset, what will you teach the patient about drug "X" before discharge, on the NCLEX, they don't give you anything! Patient "A" is taking drug "X" (20 letter generic that you've never heard of), what will you teach the patient? Its hard to do any teaching if you don't know the drug or what is used for. In real the real world you would look up anything you don't know, but on NCLEX, they give you no info on the patient or drug, just that they are on drug "X" and expect you to know everything about it.

12/5/2017 4:24:10 PM
I agree with both of you. I didn't find any similarities in the way the questions in the exam were laid out compared to Uworld. I was able to answer up to question 93 when the exam closed but I am not sure I passed. I had some questions that was like reading a medical history and taking key words from there to fill in the blank according to the treatment the patient should receive. Honestly, it is a frustrating. I have tried different programs without success and now this one... I have been preparing for a while to take the exam, I am not sure what else to do...I guess to continue studying, but it will be great if the bank questions here could be similar to what we see in the exam.
edited by on 12/5/2017

12/6/2017 8:31:10 PM
If you guys don’t mind me asking because I’m preparing to take mines next year. How often are you guys studying ?

12/6/2017 10:35:20 PM
vlbc304458 wrote:
If you guys don’t mind me asking because I’m preparing to take mines next year. How often are you guys studying ?

In my case I have been studying for 8 months daily between 50 to 70 questions approximately , around 2 hours daily. I have to prepare more for sure however the questions on the exam were written different than what we have here. I saw only two questions that were written similar to the ones I have been practicing here, hopefully I will make it next time. You will have your own expirience, I wish you the best.

12/8/2017 11:31:23 AM
I just took Nclex and failed with 265 questions. Got "near the passing standard" for all content areas.
I found that Nclex is completely different from Uworld.
The wording was different and the questions were way more complicated.
I was getting high scores in Uworld like 60s or above.
And now I feel so lost...
My friend who passed on their first attempt all recommended me to use Uworld and it was my only hope.
I feel like I'm getting used to the Uworld questions. They need to develop new questions more like real Nclex.
I dunno what to use now.

12/8/2017 3:34:56 PM
I must add that I have failed twice both "near the passing standard" and "above passing". Only using Saunders and Hurst the first. Uworld and Mark Klimek the second. I've always been a great test taker. But I over heard some students at the hospital saying that the BON made it harder for students to pass...
I feel very lost as well...
I have no motivation to study. And I have it scheduled in January.
I am literally on the same boat with you guys
This is my cry for help

12/8/2017 3:42:30 PM
can you guys tell us a little more about the wordings on nclex? Are NCLEX questions shorter than Uword?
I have also found uworld questions are very elaborate, unlike some of the questions i have been doing on ATI/NCSBN / lipincott, they are vaguer and wordings/phrases are very different , like they could say the same thing in a different way, but not necessarily the way I learned it..

12/8/2017 4:26:03 PM
khxt731377 wrote:
can you guys tell us a little more about the wordings on nclex? Are NCLEX questions shorter than Uword?
I have also found uworld questions are very elaborate, unlike some of the questions i have been doing on ATI/NCSBN / lipincott, they are vaguer and wordings/phrases are very different , like they could say the same thing in a different way, but not necessarily the way I learned it..

Mostly vague psych/maternity questions(that I've experienced). Questions that start with the phrase "The nurse will report to" was the hardest ones honestly. It was very frustrating
Yet the rest of my class had fundamental questions...

12/8/2017 4:37:53 PM
khxt731377 wrote:

12/8/2017 4:46:06 PM
abeyan wrote:
khxt731377 wrote:

Hello. Don't be discouraged, some questions were very long and extensive and worded completely different to what we get here. I believe UWorld needs to review the Bank questions and give us something closer to the Nclex. My recommendation to you right now is to keep practicing questions as much as you can and read every single rational , I think that if we can feel comfortable enough with the content we are studying that will be key in passing this exam and of course repetition wish is the master of perfection. Have faith in yourself you might be able to pass it.

12/11/2017 6:15:27 AM
Hi everyone. I wrote two comments on the Forum about my experience taking the Nclex exam not knowing if I passed or not but with great Joy I want to let you know that I made it. Please read my previous comment about what to do to pass the exam. In my opinion the test was challenging and difficult, honestly I have to give all credit to God.... but keep believing in yourself and never give up on your dreams.... I took this exam some times and I finally made it. I wish you the best to all of you that are still trying to approve it. God Bless You and give you the wisdom and knowledge to make it happen.

12/11/2017 11:52:05 AM
Hi anyone from NYC? I’m looking for study partners.

12/11/2017 12:24:33 PM
brqk511418 wrote:
I must add that I have failed twice both "near the passing standard" and "above passing". Only using Saunders and Hurst the first. Uworld and Mark Klimek the second. I've always been a great test taker. But I over heard some students at the hospital saying that the BON made it harder for students to pass...
I feel very lost as well...
I have no motivation to study. And I have it scheduled in January.
I am literally on the same boat with you guys
This is my cry for help

when did u take your exam?

12/11/2017 5:11:29 PM
I took it on November 30th.

12/11/2017 5:48:52 PM
abeyan wrote:
I took it on November 30th.

Have you tried NCSBN? If so what do u think of it compared to NCLEX questions, epecially wordings wise?

12/11/2017 8:55:59 PM
I used NCSBN a while ago and didn't pass (but myself was still lacking knowledge) I don't think it has nothing to do with the program. I think the program is good though at that time the questions on the Nclex were very similar to the programs for review in the market. This time the way the questions came out were different ( I found them tricky) but the content is similar to what the programs have. I recommend you to read as much as you can the rationals and try to feel comfortable with the content of the questions as much as you can. I honestly didn't feel comfortable enough with the content but as mentioned before I made it thanks to God, I also prayed before the test. Just do your best and go confident to take the test,it is the best advice I can give you. Best wishes.

12/16/2017 5:49:23 PM
did any of you try the pearsonvue trick and found out you failed or waited for the official letter?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK