passed with 134!

12/7/2017 3:22:46 PM
I guess its time to tell my story! Sorry it is long. It took me almost 6 years to finish the nursing BSN traditional program (including pre reqs). During nursing school I got married and had a daughter during the summer♥ (yes we planned it that way) I graduated from nursing school this april 2017! I took a LONG break (5 months) after school because I felt like I really needed it! I was exhausted and I felt like I just needed to spend time with my family and clear my head. I finally decided its time to get back to studying! I purchased uworld for a month! I did 75+ questions a day and when I was finished I would review them throughout the day! SO yes I finished every single question including the experimental and assessments! Assessment 1 I had 57, two I had 52! My scores were not so good ranging around 50s. I didnt let that distract me because once I read the rational I made sure I understood why that answer was right! After such a long break my weakness was really content! If you dont know your content and how to do certain procedures like (taking care of a tracheotomy) no matter what tricks or nursing processes you use you will not answer right! I moved my test 2 times because I felt like I wasnt ready. Some days it was hard to do all the questions and reviews especially while working as well. I made notes of all rationals I thought were important after each exam that I didnt understand! Reviewed them for about another month to make sure I understand them! I listened to some of the mark k audios they were good. Test day finally came Dec 5th and I was ok when I woke up. Once I got there my anxiety started to kick in! I sat down to take the test and the more questions I kept getting the harder it was for me to concentrate! The questions in my opinion looked nothing like I have ever seen before! & I was that student during nursing school that went in confident to take every exam because I felt like I knew my stuff! It went over 100 q's and didnt stop, I literally wanted to cry because how bad my anxiety kept going up I just wanted it to end (felt like I was failing) I read some questions 5 times to try to understand what it is asking me! Questions are a lot shorter and like nothing I have seen before! Content is same as anything I studied or learned just they were worded a lot shorter and trickier! My test ended at 134 and I was like ok I failed, but thank God it was over because I just needed to get out of there how bad my anxiety was. Came home and literally cried! I felt like a failure even after all that preparation. Did the person trick 4 hours later and saw good pop up. It helped me calm down a little but still felt like I failed and that I will be the unlucky one that got a good pop up but failed. Found out today through quick results I PASSED! & Yes I still cried because after all those years it felt like I could finally breath a little more! My recommendation is to KNOW YOU CONTENT! & dont expect the questions to look like UWORLD or anything else that u are studying! On the end they all are asking similar things but what u really want is to understand the CONTENT! & also if u are like me PLEASE find a way to calm your nerves down because I didnt think I was going to be so nervous! I told myself I was ready to do all 265 but when I got there 75 was in my head and when it went over 75 I just lost it. I am lucky I passed with how much anxiety I had! & I am usually not a anxious person! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU & let me know if you have any questions! I will not discuss what type of questions I had because it is not aloud but I didn't get many SATAS maybe 15. If you dont know something learn it because on the end its not for a test that u need it, you need it to save peoples lives!

12/8/2017 6:01:21 PM
Congratulations!!!! I found your testimony very helpful. Thanks a lot.

12/8/2017 7:09:47 PM
congratulations RN!!!!! wish us luck in our RN journey too!

12/9/2017 10:41:40 PM
Congrats and thanks for your motivating story

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK