Question 2, Passage 1, Circulation & Respiration

3/16/2018 6:05:06 PM
There was a question that asked:

Iron buildup in the liver can lead to scarring and loss of liver function. If holoTf excretion were to cause this form of liver damage, the rate at which holoTf is filtered from the glomerular capillaries must be:

The answer was: decreased due to hydrostatic pressure within the glomerulus.

This answer doesn't make any sense to me. The question stem implies that holoTf EXCRETION is causing this liver damage. If EXCRETION is causing the damage, that means more has to be urinated out which means that it has to be due to increased filtration of holoTF from the glomerulus. In general, your questions and answers tend to be very high quality. I think in this particular case, the question is extremely poorly constructed. There is deliberate wrong information in the question stem that contradicts the passage and is suggestive of the wrong answer. Am I missing something or did you guys make a mistake by taking about increasing holoTf excretion leading to increased liver damage in the question stem?

3/17/2018 12:01:08 PM
Hi there,
If you have feedback on a passage or question, please use the feedback button on the interface and your comment will go directly to the content development team. I will forward this to them. Thank you!

3/17/2018 12:09:55 PM
I was hoping that the discussion forum was a place where we could discuss basic concepts and issues. Not just get technical support. I wanted to see if I was thinking about this problem the right way or not. While it's great to provide you feedback, that doesn't help me with my own thinking and see if there was a mistake on my part or a mistake on your part.

3/21/2018 4:09:51 AM
fmoz615725 wrote:
I was hoping that the discussion forum was a place where we could discuss basic concepts and issues. Not just get technical support. I wanted to see if I was thinking about this problem the right way or not. While it's great to provide you feedback, that doesn't help me with my own thinking and see if there was a mistake on my part or a mistake on your part.

spicy

3/22/2018 11:49:37 AM
fmoz615725 wrote:
There was a question that asked:

Iron buildup in the liver can lead to scarring and loss of liver function. If holoTf excretion were to cause this form of liver damage, the rate at which holoTf is filtered from the glomerular capillaries must be:

The answer was: decreased due to hydrostatic pressure within the glomerulus.

This answer doesn't make any sense to me. The question stem implies that holoTf EXCRETION is causing this liver damage. If EXCRETION is causing the damage, that means more has to be urinated out which means that it has to be due to increased filtration of holoTF from the glomerulus. In general, your questions and answers tend to be very high quality. I think in this particular case, the question is extremely poorly constructed. There is deliberate wrong information in the question stem that contradicts the passage and is suggestive of the wrong answer. Am I missing something or did you guys make a mistake by taking about increasing holoTf excretion leading to increased liver damage in the question stem?

I had the same issue with the question. I think that question is poorly worded and not a reflection of your understanding

4/6/2018 2:05:17 PM
Hi there,
I just wanted to say thank you again for your feedback. Such feedback from users is great for our content team. I encourage you to check out this question again and see that it has been updated. Thank you again, and best of luck on the exam.

6/18/2018 9:52:16 PM
I see the updated question. Uworld should replace excretion rate with filtration rate in my opinion.
edited by on 6/18/2018

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK